• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul Tribute pickup swap. Stock to Duncan Antiquity. Very pleased.

Mike R.

I just had the stock pickups on my 2017 Tribute swapped out for the Duncan Antiquity set and could not be more pleased.

What a difference over the stock parts.

The Antiquity are clearer, woodier and just more all around pleasant to hear.

(Pre swap photo)

0957FD71-518C-428E-BBF4-F2C9C91F0693.jpg

Big Al

I've owned many guitars with PAF's as well as several pairs. The only pickup I use for PAF tone now are Antquites. I've tried most all the others and none sounded better, IMO. Been using them since late 90's and I don't look anymore. My favorite pickup for PAF tone, period. I agree with your assessment wholeheartedly.

Theorocks

I just had the stock pickups on my 2017 Tribute swapped out for the Duncan Antiquity set and could not be more pleased.

What a difference over the stock parts.

The Antiquity are clearer, woodier and just more all around pleasant to hear.

(Pre swap photo)

View attachment 6320
\
I agree I have the Bonamassa paf he did with Seymour a few years ago designed around a particular 59 ...I bet there close to the antiquities ...

Big Al

\
I agree I have the Bonamassa paf he did with Seymour a few years ago designed around a particular 59 ...I bet there close to the antiquities ...

I snagged a pair, too. They are excellent and are somewhat similar, though a bit more aggressive. Wonderful pickups that are hard to find.