• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My recently acquired 59

Triplet

Are most of you guys with grip issues "thumb over" players? Seems folks who use the index finger for barring are somewhat less afflicted. :hmm

guitplayer

Older ,,thumb over, index finger. All that. Nobody is unaffected eventually.

eternalpurple

Are most of you guys with grip issues "thumb over" players? Seems folks who use the index finger for barring are somewhat less afflicted. :hmm

Well if your right about the thumb over that should be a plus for me. I never could use my thumb without almost completly muting the cord I was trying to play. As an extra bonus the ring finger on both my hands has absolutly no bend back at the first joint. Bye bye movable A bar chord. But where there is a true will you will find a way.

garywright

After putting the amp through it's paces he fell in love with the guitar and the feel of the neck and bought it instead. Said it was and still is the best neck he has ever play. Amazingly fickle fate step in this many years later and the neck is the very reason he sold it. With extra age on the body and extra long sets his left hand started hurting when he used the fatter neck... A funny side note after I bought the guitar he told me if it hadn't been for the neck and tone he wouldn't have bought it because he really didn't like the top. The top is the very reason I bought the guitar. LOL.

I like large round C shaped necks ..if it has shoulders and a D shape it'll cramp my hand after awhile and that's due to the way the shape forces the direction of my playing hand