• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

RIP DAVE HLUBEK!!!

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Met him and sold him a 68 Goldtop.

:rip

Is it the goldtop in this concert video? I remember watching this on -- I think -- USA Network's Night Flight or a similar show during the early days of rock videos:

Kris Ford

Let's celebrate Dave here..post your favorite Molly Hatchet track, or memories!

One of my faves..especially the lead parts at the end..Dave tearing up a '75-6ish Custom.:yah

guitplayer

Funny story bout Dave. The band SRA}..put Visine in his drink and he pooped himself on stage. Kept on playing. Those guys are cruel!! Still hilarious. :hee

Kris Ford

Funny story bout Dave. The band SRA}..put Visine in his drink and he pooped himself on stage. Kept on playing. Those guys are cruel!! Still hilarious. :hee

LOL..Oh no!! That is brutal LOL..Dave was a big boy, wouldn't have wanted to piss him off!

Did he get them back?:laugh2:

txc500

I got to see the Dixie All Stars and SRA a few times. Had the pleasure of meeting Jak, Greg T, and Charlie. Jak became a friend and used to keep in touch. Met Dave once very briefly. I do remember standing right in front of the stage in front of him as he played Flirtin' With Disaster, it was wild and LOUD!