• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1969 Les Paul Custom on eBay?????

Grog

The eBay seller canceled both of the listings about a half an hour before the listings ended. I had several questions sent to the seller, didn't receive any answers as of yet. I notice he had about a dozen vintage guitars listed, some Fenders from the 50's with extremely low starting bids. This Les Paul Personal had the exact same write up & "Buy it now" bid as the '69 Les Paul Custom.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gib...808892?hash=item2383e6fdbc:g:XgoAAOSw~y9ZC48u

That Les Paul Custom looks familiar, as if we've seen it before & discussed it here..........

Grog

I sent the seller 2 emails, he responded the next day with this............ Both responses were the same.

" Hi there
As you saw i am looking for a fast deal only and not a bidding auction, so the BUY IT NOW price that i am asking for this item is $2350 including shipping charges. This item will come with 14 Days Return Policy (in case you are not satisfied %100 with the purchased item you will be able to return it back on my cost and get a full refund). For a fair deal i want this transaction to be handled by eBay because they will offer protection to both of us and at the end of this transaction we will be able to exchange feedback.
If you want to move forward in purchasing this item, please provide me your Name and Shipping Address so i can submit our Transaction through eBay and request them to register our deal through eBay Buyer Protection Program .
Thank you

"

This seemed odd to me, if wanted to send me a "Buy it Now", he could have done it through email. This was way too good to be true...... The next day, the Les Paul Personal was listed by different seller, lower "Buy it Now" price, same type of listing. It was removed in less than a day.

latestarter

I'm sure you've worked it out, but these are all scams. People hack into a legit account with good feedback, steal photo's etc from older auctions, and then proceed to look for suckers. Easy to spot a mile away. If it's too good to be true, it is.

Grog

I'm sure you've worked it out, but these are all scams. People hack into a legit account with good feedback, steal photo's etc from older auctions, and then proceed to look for suckers. Easy to spot a mile away. If it's too good to be true, it is.

That's how I felt at first, Then I started drooling. The seller sold bibles & religious books & had 100% positive feedback from almost 4,000 buyers. I've seen that listing somewhere else I'm sure. It was way too good to be true. The VG Price Guide listed it from $13,500 to $9,500. The likelihood that one would pop up in mint condition for $2,350 is little to none.