• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1967 Flying V Re-finish advice

lanman

Hey All!

My brother has a 1967 Flying V. We have determined that it was originally a Sparkling Burgundy Version by the paint in the pickup cavity. The neck was originally natural and this one came without the stinger that most of the '67 SB / Natural neck versions came with. He would like to therefore do a body-only refinish back to it's original color. Because of the rarity of the guitar, I was hoping that someone here could recommend the best person to take on this task. Since the guitar is pretty clean in terms of wear, he would like a very slightly aged job in terms of a patina that does not look like it was freshly painted. If you guys can help us out, we'd like to use this thread to show the work being done from start to finish. Thanks in advance for any advice that you might offer!

1967%20Flying%20V%202_zpsbymccsbh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1967%20Flying%20V_zps9jlg2wbi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JJ Blair

I've done one of these, historically correct before. The owner told me it even fooled several dealers, who thought it was straight vintage.

Last edited: