• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: Gibson Luther Dickinson ES-335

stilwel

I've been watching for one of these for a couple years now. Finally was able to snag one.
Looks like it will arrive on Thursday. Until then, here are some pics from the Reverb Listing.

Sunburst + dog-eared P90's + Bigsby = pure love

ptdbhl0jrnsgmc1mnmqh.jpg

suw98wzgkbff5f4f4t8d.jpg

a58plenl8ypbmw0t9xzv.jpg

Last edited:

stilwel

Nice. Fat neck?

We'll see when it gets here on Thursday, but I'm thinking it has a larger neck based on what I've read online.

From Guitar Player Review:

Everything about the guitar screams “vintage,” from the nickel-plated hardware to the darkened pickup screws. It feels old as well: the large C-shaped neck; the perfectly finished, standard-sized frets, and the burnished finish made it seem like it had been played and loved for a long time.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/1012/review-gibson-memphis-luther-dickinson-es-335/25726

From Guitar-Bass Review:
The neck is a peach, copied directly from the vintage ES-175. It’s a little fuller than a ’60s slim taper, but not really chunky.

http://www.guitar-bass.net/gear/gibson-luther-dickinson-es-335-review-2/

Last edited:

stilwel

Wow, I'm really loving the neck profile on this LD-335. Not as large as my '59 Special, but definitely bigger than a 60's Slim.

2hhgbrk.jpg

5wifba.jpg

22mg07.jpg

stilwel

Pretty confident in my belief that this is one of the best guitars I've ever owned, and I've had a bunch.

Travis19

Too cool. I didn't know that this model even existed. Congrats and have fun.