• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Lefty Case?

J T

Is there such a thing as a lefty case?:hmm

I mean with the lefty guitar in the same relative position to the case handle as a righty would be. A righty guitar sits in the case with the treble strings and the body horn opposite the handle and the bass strings on the same side as the case handle. A lefty goes in a righty case upside down. Is there a case that has the handle and latches to carry a lefty guitar with it's correct side up?

Someone came in and in conversation asked about that. I said I had never seen one, but it makes total sense to carry and store a lefty guitar in it's case where it is not "upside down".

I would guess something like that has to be a custom order.

Well just wanted to see if anyone had ever seen or owns a lefty case.:)

Jim W

I've never seen one for a Gibson.

The only lefty cases I've ever seen are some by Fender in the rectangular cases like the one in the photo below.

lefty+60+full+case.JPG

J T

Thanks, Jim. Yes That's what I'm talking about. Fender gets it. Why not Gibson?

No, I've never seen a Gibson lefty case.

So that was the conversation we had. Carrying a lefty guitar in a righty case seems a bit odd and somewhere in the production line, someone said, "Well it doesn't make much difference. Just throw it in a righty case." Maybe coming from to a righty guitar owner and a company that makes mostly righty guitars, but it makes a difference to a lefty guitar owner.

Why should a lefty guitar be stored upside down in the wrong case?

renderit

I carry my righty cases lefty anyways because if the lid opens then it hits me in the leg. If he had a lefty case and carried it righty then I suppose it would be the same thing, but why? Unless you need to use your predominate hand then you'd have to set the guitar down, but that's no biggy to me most of the time when I'm carrying it lefty. But then I am a somewhat ambidextrous ambiguity with much ambivalence but major ambience. What way do you put on your tighty whities? Lefty or righty? In the car or on the tar? Do you have to hop quite far?

jb_abides

I carry my righty cases lefty anyways because if the lid opens then it hits me in the leg.

I was taught this at a young age, so it's orientation actually doesn't phase me. Carrying in left hand with top of case next to left leg. To open, I swing it up with my left hand, and rotate, using my right hand to grab the case near where the end-strap would be and set it down on the table. Easy Peasy. :salude