• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My New Les Paul w/pics as per forum rules

Big Al

Thanks for all the responses. I am thinking of putting a bigsby on it, with the vibramate. Anyone have experience with those?

I put a Bigsby via the Vibramate on my 73 goldtop Deluxe. It works wonderfully well. I put a B70 Bigsby on instead of the more expensive B7 which I put on my 99 R9, for a couple of reasons.

As well as costing less dough it functions superbly and even if I get aggressive with it, it stays in tune. You need to use the right spring. The B70 comes with two. One will work best, you have to try them both.

Another reason to use the B70 is it fits the Vibramate better at the strap button. If you use a B7 you may need to file the edges of the end pin to fit into the end plate.

*** HELPFULL TIP FROM YER UNCLE AL ***
When I string up I use a small needle nosed pliers and grab the flat sides of the ball end and bend the string around the curved pliers jaws. This pre bending allows me to slip it under the tension bar and fit the bent string over the anchor bar and the flat side of the ball will fit onto the pin.

Snakum

*** HELPFULL TIP FROM YER UNCLE AL ***
When I string up I use a small needle nosed pliers and grab the flat sides of the ball end and bend the string around the curved pliers jaws. This pre bending allows me to slip it under the tension bar and fit the bent string over the anchor bar and the flat side of the ball will fit onto the pin.

+1

That's how I've always done it on my Gretsch fiddles. Works like a charm.

OP ... absolutely gorgeous guitar. Love the grain. That has to be one of the most beautiful DLXs I've seen.

I owned two older Deluxe GTs, one with the weird headstock inlay (not Les Paul in cursive, looked like a bowl of bananas) that had the mini hums replaced with full sized something or others (we didn't care as much back then and never knew what a neck pickup was for :biggrin: ). And then a early 70s with mini hums. I really dug the mini hums, and actually preferred them to whatever was in the older GT. But back then they didn't look cool like Ace Frehley's, or Gary Rossington's, or Joe Perry's LPs. LOL. Oh to be a stupid teenager again. :dang

StudioFan

Nice LP . Congrats !

I just got a beat up studio from CA.
Do you have any pics of yours or a description ?
Thanks .

rickrock999

Nice LP . Congrats !

I just got a beat up studio from CA.
Do you have any pics of yours or a description ?
Thanks .

I do have some pics of it. I just went to photobucket to try to upload and I could not get the site to open.
It was black, with a red back. paints was messed up like it had been re- painted badly before I got it.
It had a neck crack that had been repaired before I got it. I put 496 / 500 pickups in it so it was hot
and played great, but also very heavy. 12 pounds. That was part of the reason I got rid of it as well.
Is that the one you bought?

StudioFan

This one is a 93 all ebony , ebony board silver hardware. Repaired headstock ....Sanded neck ... Neck reset ...Dings dents, scratches .
So it doesn't sound like the same one .
Anyhow I really like your Deluxe with the wine red flame . I have been searching for a Studio like that šŸ˜ƒ