• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

HNGD Fender 1961 Dale Wilson Masterbuilt Brazilian

Pellman73

well, here's the guitar that I mentioned to Matte.

its a masterbuilt strat by Dale wilson with a brazilian fingerboard. heavy relic in sherwood green. My buddy who has the shop in town had it made. I had no interest until I played it and.... well.. that was it. it just feels and sounds spectacular. great instrument. took me a while to get the funds together!

I like it!

33099572470_2f4770d4b6_b.jpg
[/URL]

33483015915_eb30f09685_b.jpg
[/URL]

33483017185_d4de7a5244_b.jpg
[/URL]

33483014615_3596b0e3b9_b.jpg
[/URL]P

"usa only" becuase of the braz

not great pics but you get the gist!

by peter ellman, on Flickr[/IMG]

Red Baron

Wow that's some serious relicing, bet it sounds and plays great, congrats! :salude

Pellman73

Wow that's some serious relicing, bet it sounds and plays great, congrats! :salude

Yes I think dragging it behind a car may have been part of the process

the heavy relic thing is a bit of an acquired taste I think. I always used to think "what's the point?" Some still might! But when they got the first custom shop reliced guitars in the shop and I got a blue sparkle (over sunburst) that they had gotten at NAMM two years ago I kind of got to like it.

Here's an interesting interview w dale Wilson the guy that made my guitar and greg Koch from wild wood. They talk a bit about it and even make the contention that they sound a little different. Who knows....I do think it's a way to get a vintage feeling Guitar w a new guitar . And to some degree I think it's somewhat of an art in itself

how it plays and sounds is definitely a big part of why I got it... also the guy who owns the store here is a great friend and band mate and it was the first masterbuilt they had made.. and we needed to keep it in the family! The Brazilian board is pretty uncommon. The neck is really amazing. The hole thing is really. It's got warmth but it's also got just sparkling glassy stuff too.

renderit

Nice! I love my masterbuilt. I think they are a fine alternative.

Pip

Lovely - love a heavy relic, I have 3. Enjoy really cool finish.

renderit

Whoops! Mines a John Cruz MasterDESIGN. Too many names here. I gotz the cheap copy...

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

Pellman73

Whoops! Mines a John Cruz MasterDESIGN. Too many names here. I gotz the cheap copy...

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

Very nice !

i didn't even know about master designs.

funny I got the tool kit w my custom shop but didn't get one w the masterbuilt. those little tool kits are sweet!

renderit

The tool kits are a nice touch but you probably have much better quality tools. The Masterdesigns are team built Masterbuilts. Like John Cruz shows a team how to build this and they do it under his eye, so instead of him sweating all over it a team of 4 or 5 peoples are leaving bodily fluids all over it! Kinda gross really. But it sounds nice.

IMG_2883.jpg

Pellman73

The tool kits are a nice touch but you probably have much better quality tools. The Masterdesigns are team built Masterbuilts. Like John Cruz shows a team how to build this and they do it under his eye, so instead of him sweating all over it a team of 4 or 5 peoples are leaving bodily fluids all over it! Kinda gross really. But it sounds nice.

IMG_2883.jpg

Man you always make me Laugh.

i hope to know you in real life at some point