• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

looking for tech

m bernardi

hi all bin a long time move to Maryland looking for teck to do some set ups can some one help me!!!!

B Ingram

To what part of the state will you be moving?

I have no experience personally with him, but Phil Jacoby of Philtone in Baltimore comes very​ highly recommended. There are a few guitar shops in/around town, each with their own repair guys, but when it comes time to get a fret dress & polish (or something else I can't do on my own), I'll be seeing Phil.

Appalachian Bluegrass Shoppe in Catonsville is a go-to place for acoustic repairs (at the very least). They did a neck reset on my Taylor (as a warranty repair, following assessment by a Taylor rep when a Road Show was hosted there) and corrected a low body-fret. They turned the work around in ~3 days, and my 20 year old guitar (at the time) was playing as if brand new. Also very nice that the whole exercise was free (they're an authorized repair center for Taylor, Martin, Lowden & others). Pricing for all service is listed up-front on their website.

I haven't had a need to try Chuck Levin's in Silver Spring for repair/etc. As an established shop which has been there a LONG time, chances are they've got good repair staff.

So lots of places (I've barely scratched the surface) available between Baltimore & D.C. If you're moving out to the western part of the state (Hagerstown, Frederick, etc), I'm no help for suggestions.