• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Danger Burst arrived in the mail this morning

sws1

Awesome!
How does it sound/play/feel compared to the original? Is it close?

Feel? Completely identical. Neck is identical. The 'worn in' feel is identical. The aging is near identical. On numerous occasions, I picked it up, and thought I had the original in my hand. Others that I've shown both guitars to said the same thing. Bravo to the custom shop.

Play? I still gig the original. But I took this one out on Saturday night, and thought my playing and navigating of the guitar was the same. I have a tough time with thin necks, and it shows in my playing. Conversely, I always seem to play my best when I have that 'ideal' neck in my hands. Saturday night was proof of that. (Now only if the new guitar could have helped the drummer and bass player on Saturday. Oy vey.)

Sound? Again, I think the Custom Shop did a great job with pickup choice. Not underwound/not overwound. Just right. Bright and clear, like the original. Dynamic / pick sensitive. Is it identical? Of course not. But it absolutely sounds like it is a very close sibling.

Here's a short clip that I found of a shop demoing one of the CCs:

67blackcherry

Feel? Completely identical. Neck is identical. The 'worn in' feel is identical. The aging is near identical. On numerous occasions, I picked it up, and thought I had the original in my hand. Others that I've shown both guitars to said the same thing. Bravo to the custom shop.

Play? I still gig the original. But I took this one out on Saturday night, and thought my playing and navigating of the guitar was the same. I have a tough time with thin necks, and it shows in my playing. Conversely, I always seem to play my best when I have that 'ideal' neck in my hands. Saturday night was proof of that. (Now only if the new guitar could have helped the drummer and bass player on Saturday. Oy vey.)

Sound? Again, I think the Custom Shop did a great job with pickup choice. Not underwound/not overwound. Just right. Bright and clear, like the original. Dynamic / pick sensitive. Is it identical? Of course not. But it absolutely sounds like it is a very close sibling.

Here's a short clip that I found of a shop demoing one of the CCs:

That's awesome!
Yeah, congrats Gibson CS folks - great to hear this type of feedback from the owner of the original!!
PS - don't get me started about bass players, mine is driving me nuts....