• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1998 Les Paul Classic - Aged Hardware?

Wams

I just purchased a 1998 Les Paul Classic in Cherry Sunburst. Love the guitar - It plays and sounds great. One of the reasons I also really like the guitar is the look of this guitar. The body hardware almost appears aged. The pickups covers and the bridge and tailpiece have a worn/dull/aged appearance versus a shiny nickel look. I wondered if the aged look was stock on the late 90's classics or if the hardware is naturally worn. The hardware on my Classic is not quite as aged as my stock 1972 Les Paul Custom (black w/ gold hardware), but it definitely has a nice worn in look.

28315611361_75ca830eb1_z.jpg

Last edited:

Big Al

Gee, I don't know? Could it be 18 years of being played? Wierd, I know, actual age looking, umm, aged?

Wams

OE=Wams;2715645]
;2715512]Some pictures would be nice

Thanks. The LP Classic is a 1998. Love how it plays and the worn in look and feel. The LP Custom is a stock 1972. The '72 Custom has a nice patina that you would expect from a 44 year-old guitar - and the "Gibson" embossed PU covers that were unique to 1972.

JjCUFQ

Last edited: