• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2 turtle nests ~ Mebourne, FLA

Unbound Dot Neck

Wow , last night full moon 1 am ~ surrounded by mother nature, Atlantic loggerhead turtles
No pics allowed , man~imal courtesy , over 35 nest sites n 1 night reported
maybe 3 ft in size, I saw these Gals !!

Came back this morning for pic and a swim !
:salude
Yes, The FCU Turtle patrol drove right between them on their ATV ??
go figure

About 10 yrs ago watched a 6 ft leatherback nesting , same beach.
Big as a picnic table , she was ~ incredible experience

WBailey

Very cool stuff indeed.

I just moved to Titusville friday.

Spent Sunday at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

140,000 thousand acres of beaches, lakes, marsh, gaters, snakes, manatees, dolphins, wild boars, panthers,

and many more ! These little " no see 'ems " are annoying ! lol

Kris Ford

Very cool stuff indeed.

I just moved to Titusville friday.

Spent Sunday at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

140,000 thousand acres of beaches, lakes, marsh, gaters, snakes, manatees, dolphins, wild boars, panthers,

and many more ! These little " no see 'ems " are annoying ! lol

My Gramps had a spot in Bonita Springs when I was a kid..those no see 'ems are awful!!

F-Hole

I was on a remote Seychelles island on the night of a turtle hatch. Thousands of them, all over the place. Lots needed rescuing from places like the pool.

A very memorable experience. Nature at its best.

Unbound Dot Neck

Sounds amazing, never seen the hatching part ! run little guys, run !
:jim

I was on a remote Seychelles island on the night of a turtle hatch. Thousands of them, all over the place. Lots needed rescuing from places like the pool.

A very memorable experience. Nature at its best.

Big Al

I've never seen the Sea Turtles. I spend every spring patrolling my area as I am on the Great Lake Ontario and the wetlands see a lot of freshwater turtles. I move the big female snappers off the road and have brought eggs home every year of fresh roadkill, to hatch. Last year I hatched out and returned over 60. I have a 75 gallon turtle tank with some painted and spotted turtles and it just makes me feel good to watch them.

Probably the happiest thing to see, IMO, is a log covered in turtles basking in the sun.:jim

renderit

2 turtle nests and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeee! Now get THAT outta yer head...

gmann

I've never seen the Sea Turtles. I spend every spring patrolling my area as I am on the Great Lake Ontario and the wetlands see a lot of freshwater turtles. I move the big female snappers off the road and have brought eggs home every year of fresh roadkill, to hatch. Last year I hatched out and returned over 60. I have a 75 gallon turtle tank with some painted and spotted turtles and it just makes me feel good to watch them.

Probably the happiest thing to see, IMO, is a log covered in turtles basking in the sun.:jim

As a lover of all things turtle I applaud your efforts, You are the Man!

corpse

As a kid I was a real snake guy- lived in SoCal. Love turtles- out there we had bid gopher tortises.
Here in GA we have box turtles- each is its own work of art. What I didn't realize was how territorial they are- I used to find one lost in the neighborhood and move it to the state park immediately behind the house. They say the best thing to do is just move it out of the road right where it was headed.

Kris Ford

Just saw this guy/gal on my break..we have a drain pond out back at work..this prehistoric fella (or gal..didn't flip it over..:spabout) pretty much does it it pleases I'd bet!

There are 2 more..crappy pic, but this guy is, as my Grampaw would say, "as big as a wash tub". The others are a hubcap and dinner plate in shell size..
I respect anything that could snap a digit off with ease..:jim

Big Al

I got in the habit of patrolling the Lake Ontario State Parkway as it is a block from my house. I just couldn't stand seeing these animals splattered all over the highway. Like I said I don't know how many times I filled my hat up with eggs from a freshly hit female. Them Snappers are prehistoric beasts and have a Tyranosaur attitude!! I lift them up just a little bit by the back tail near the shell and slide my other underneath to hold on and support from the bottom. If you just lift them by the tail it can sever the backbone.

Last year my son and I came home and Mrs Big Al, the wonderful Kate who is a teacher, told my son to take care of the package in her cars trunk. My son starts yelling' and I go out to see him wrangling a very pissed of 35lb Snapper!!! Apparently my wife found it on the road and got out and put it in her trunk!!! We released it and gained some new respect for she who must be obeyed!!!

I use to have several snakes and always had a fondness for Herps. Perfect pets for working on the road musicians.

tdarian

We are in a big island Hawaii rental house this week and they are in the black sand in the "back yard".

Big Al

We are in a big island Hawaii rental house this week and they are in the black sand in the "back yard".

Oh man that is something I always wanted to see. Gotta make ya smile, right? When the pond godzillas make their annual nest binge I always think how this same thing has been going on for millions of years. Eons!! It is a beautiful thing, IMO and always makes me happy. I'll be there in spirit.:salude

Unbound Dot Neck

They are sleepin, on the black sand ~

Outta , control Nappy time - in Hawaii
:salude

Life is kool ~ to be a sea turtle.

tdarian

Oh man that is something I always wanted to see. Gotta make ya smile, right? When the pond godzillas make their annual nest binge I always think how this same thing has been going on for millions of years. Eons!! It is a beautiful thing, IMO and always makes me happy. I'll be there in spirit.:salude

Quick iPhone shot on this cloudy day, a pair on the rocks about 20 yes offshore during low tide

image_zpsailtpiaz.png

We can see 11 of then now in the flat lava rocks just offshore.