• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Should I refinish 1969 Deluxe?

DANELECTRO

No razor checking on this me, it's all natural checking (which is done in a deep freeze I suppose). It looks very convincing.

Last edited:

copernicus

I'd leave it as it is. It looks nice, probably sounds better and more importantly, it tells your story. There's a whole lot of gold tops out there and not too many 'drunken evening blondes'.

Zentar

Sell it to somebody who'd drool over those age lines. Buy a new shiny one. I think you are coming down with new guitar syndrome(NGS). You just have the sniffles now but it will materialize into the final stages soon.

corpse

Dan
What are the PU rings in the second set of pics? The are more ivory than the first.

Anje

I would say: go for whatever option you want/like the most, especially as it's for your own enjoyment and you don't have any sell plan.
If I were having such guitar I'd take it as a rare chance to get a guitar in the color I want, especially if you'd ever like to have a rare / custom color LP (I'm thinking of Cody's red LP for instance).
Btw, Danelectro your RS refin one looks really great!

El Gringo

DANELECTRO , RS Guitarworks sure did a nice refinish on your Goldtop .May i ask what it cost and how long they took start to finish to do the job ?