• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Nice shiny new LP Custom Q

yannybobs

Now then, i just got to tell you about my recent purchase. I walk into this guitar shop, theres no –one in there except me and the assistant so i have all the time in the world. Hangin on the wall is this gorgeous 2014 Custom Shop Les Paul Custom with a quilted top and gold hardware. So I asked the assistant if I could check it out. I plug it in to one of those new Archon 25/50 heads (amazing amp by the way). So I started playing some stuff on it and to my surprise, top E frets 1 to 4 buzz, B string frets 1 to 4 buzz, well that was nearly that, i was just about to say ‘Cheers mate im off’ when he came over, so i decided to tell him ‘Im not buying that and anyone with any sense wouldn’t either, anything could be wrong with it, Its last years model so who knows how its been stored’ etc etc. I decided to have look down the neck and lo and behold its as straight as a die, too straight actually, frets looked lovely and level. Anyway, I leave the shop and couldn’t stop thinking about it all the way home. The more i thought about it the more i thought ‘this cant be right, the neck is a peach’ how has it come out of the custom shop like that? well after a few hour chewing it over the penny dropped, for some reason there’s no relief in the neck, maybe it had heavier gauge strings on it, maybe they put lighter ones on and didn’t set the guitar back up, I dont know. Anyway it bugged me all night so I go back the next day, I convinced the assistant to let me get my dirty mitts on it and take the truss rod cover off and adjust the truss rod, to my utter disbelief he let me :bigal. I loosened the truss rod barely ¼ turn and tuned it back up. Adjusted the bridge height slightly and tuned it again, the result, no buzzing, super action and i fell in love with it again so I snapped it up. I just saw one exactly like it on Music Zoo S/N CS403276. My S/N is CS401571. I gotta say though, I got mine at ¾ the price of Music Zoo !!

IMG_0682_zps0jywx6hz.jpg

IMG_0686_zpsiswlv2fa.jpg

IMG_0684_zpsa7suppyw.jpg

ToneHead

She's beautiful. The top is gorgeous and unique. It reminds me of smoke rising from a fire. :wow

yannybobs

She's beautiful. The top is gorgeous and unique. It reminds me of smoke rising from a fire. :wow

Thanks for all your nice comments guys :peace2

Yea, I gotta agree there, the right hand top around the control area looks 'smokier' than the left hand top. Im just looking at the actual guitar now to see if it was just the photo but in different light it still looks like that. The area around the switch is also like that, actually its pretty cool, it certainly looks like there a fire going on there :) Well spotted that man :salude