• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1975 deluxe maple neck

Todd

Were any maple neck Deluxes made in Kalamazoo or was the maple neck the start of Nashville production?

Todd

How do you known that your maple neck 79 is Kzoo made? The serial number? Stamped or sticker? Any other Kzoo distinguishing features?

Progrocker111

There are many 75 Customs and Deluxes with maple neck from Kalamazoo, most with 5xxxxx serial number. I have had some such Customs -
they even had bigger frets, not older fretless wonder frets.

montesada

How do you known that your maple neck 79 is Kzoo made? The serial number? Stamped or sticker? Any other Kzoo distinguishing features?

It's in the serial number. The third to last digit will be 0-4. A Nashville instrument will be a 5 or higher.

Todd

My 3d to the last number is 8. Also, the serial number is stamped into the wood, begins with 00, and there is no Made In USA, only the serial number. So it's most likely a Nashville?

Bob Womack

All the K'zoo '74s and '75s I've seen had the Made in USA stamp. None of the K'zoo '74s and '75s I've seen have had maple necks. Just my experience, my eyes.

Bob