• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

A cover up

Billy Porter

I thought that as she’s 41/42 years of age a bit of modesty might be needed so.........................

It came to me with the covers in the case in '85 (30years ago :wow)

Cleaned up the covers, a quick bit of soldering and voila

It's hard to tell from the above photo but the covers are gold plated.

I prefer the ‘naked’ look but wanted it screened to reduce background noise a bit – seems to have worked :)

Should I go back to original black surrounds etc ?

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Me three. Any thoughts on adding a pickguard as well to complete the package? :hank

J.D.

I'd be tempted to do something a little different:

ScreenSnapz.jpg

Billy Porter

Me three. Any thoughts on adding a pickguard as well to complete the package? :hank

Your wish is my command :)

Before the Guitar Authentication Police shout fowl..............the scratchplate I believe is probably for an Ibanez Artist from the mid eighties in fact, so probably is the bridge and tailpiece. I’ve the original black fittings but don’t they don’t like right on sunbursts IMHO.

Next ‘back to the future mod’ may be to try the old ABR bridge but the last time I tried, this one worked better for me.

toxpert

Very nice with the covers and pickguard. The cream plastics compliment this guitar very well.
What a beauty.