• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bad fitting pickguard on a LPC……….

guitplayer

Like you said its clean. No reason in particular someone would remove the original PG.
But that one looks a little like a repro.
Not sure. Bottom side of PG should have mold marks....?

JohnnyAquanet

The back is black with no shine. The white on it is old and yellowed looking. I'v collected Gibson's for years and had lots of LP's from all eras. It looks authentic but just dosent fit around the pickups perfectly. But all opinions are welcome, I'm just throwing the question :)out there.

Has any seen other Gibson pickguards that fit this way?

Last edited:

Norlight

More than likely a repro but who cares cause that is one sweet LPC! I'm a pick guard off guy anyway. Enjoy the guitar!

Progrocker111

Hard to say, could be repro, but i am not 100% sure. Very nice Custom btw., do you like the tone? :)

JohnnyAquanet

The tone is really rich and full. I'v had 6 other LPC made in the latter 70s but this one being a 73 seems allot nicer.

kharrison

The original PG on my 73 has a gap like yours at the neck pickup. Norlin quality control at its best.

Billy Porter

The original PG on my 73 has a gap like yours at the neck pickup. Norlin quality control at its best.

I’m sure I read within a thread in the vintage section that it was also common on 50s Les Pauls

TW59 or one of the vintage guys may confirm