• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ace Frehley of KISS owned 1975 Gibson Strings and Things '59 Les Paul reissue guitar.

fred dons

Judging from all the bios Peter, Gene, Ace and Paul put out I think Ace played on the first four. Then he started not showing up to the studio. Bruce Kulick's brother, Bob also played and many of those recordings.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PPPI0s5OXGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace actually played on more Kiss songs than for instance Gene did, Ace did play on rocket ride on Alive 2 but indeed the other studio songs were played by Derringer and Bob Kulick. Ace played on all the songs on Love Gun and Dynasty (both Ace and Paul played bass on a number of songs on that album) and Ace played bass on all the songs he wrote during his time in Kiss. So it is quite funny to read about Gene complaining that Ace was to drunk to play, begs the question; what was your excuse ?

Pat Boyack

Ace actually played on more Kiss songs than for instance Gene did, Ace did play on rocket ride on Alive 2 but indeed the other studio songs were played by Derringer and Bob Kulick. Ace played on all the songs on Love Gun and Dynasty (both Ace and Paul played bass on a number of songs on that album) and Ace played bass on all the songs he wrote during his time in Kiss. So it is quite funny to read about Gene complaining that Ace was to drunk to play, begs the question; what was your excuse ?

According to Paul, Gene was too busy trying to be a record mogal and movie star. He cared more about Gene and not the band. Gene being a selfish prick? News to me.... :hee

Pat Boyack

EVH played all the bass parts from Fair Warning on....does that make Michael Anthony a selfish prick? (Rhetorical Pat, strictly rhetorical. :laugh2: )

I think Gene's history bares out my statement and then some. :peace2

Pat Boyack

Pat, I guess you missed this part...

I didn't miss anything, believe me. Things are the way they are. Ace didn't play on many KISS recordings because he was being selfish, Gene was being selfish too. Now like you said, back to the guitar.

Have you sold it yet? And so for how much?

Pat Boyack

Pat, I guess you missed this part...

Since you seem to think this thread is about how rotten a "character" Gene is...be my guest. The floor is all yours.

You and your bullshit, Eric. Good Lord. How many posts is about Gene? Stop being a ninny.

Marshall Man

As a big Kiss (70's) and Ace fan, I can say it is well documented that Ace played on pretty much everything back then with a few exceptions. Also, Ace has said himself as much. Ace played his Strats and Teles in the studio as well to double up and fatten tracks, particularly on his 78 solo album.

soulbrojcs

Les Paul Froum Member
Wow... Boyak talking ignorant shit about people he doesn't know/never met... that's a first. LMFAO. why disparage someone who, while maybe not a candidate for humanitarian of the year, has inspired and brought joy to millions of us? why take the time to post negative BS? just move on to another post. as far as the guitar, man I LOVE the Strings & Things Les Pauls... their history, everything about them. without those, we just may not have the Historic series we have now (or at least be way behind inn their advancements). as for the earlier posting about Dick Wagner, Steve Hunter told myself and some of the other teachers at M.I. that it was indeed he and Dick Wagner on Aerosmiths version of Train Kept A Rolin' but I can't remember who did the first part, and who did the fake live part on the end.

Pat Boyack

Wow... Boyak talking ignorant shit about people he doesn't know/never met... that's a first. LMFAO. why disparage someone who, while maybe not a candidate for humanitarian of the year, has inspired and brought joy to millions of us? why take the time to post negative BS? just move on to another post.

....and you can go fuck yourself, you slimball.

soulbrojcs

Les Paul Froum Member
....and you can go fuck yourself, you slimball.

For you, you little shit starting/talking bitch...

P.S. try and know something FACTUAL about the subject being discussed before trying to shit all over it with your uniformed, ignorant "opinions", or about the poster for that matter, you bitter, has been (sort of) asshole.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Ok boys....go back to your respective corners and cool off or infractions will, by necessity, be meted out.

Let's be cool and have some fun around here.:jim