• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New stuff from an old player

robo

Hi all!

I recently discovered this forum. I usually hang around at the My Les Paul forum. But this other major forum got me interested.

What is the main differences between the two?

Who am I then? I'm a 40 year old dude working in advertising on the days and playing funky blues rock in clubs at night. Been playing for 30 years. I basicly picked up the guitar at age 9 and never really grew up enough to put it down.

Sound example? Here's me and the band (drums, saxophone, keyboards, singeress, bass and me on guitar) giving our best shot at the Bonamassa/Hart tune "For my friend" live on air at a radio station some weeks ago. Bare in mind, when it comes to the solo, I'm no Bonamassa, just a guitar geek who's having fun.

Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/ida-andersso...sson-band/sets/live-sveriges-radio-2015-02-13

renderit

You rock! I'd pay to see you, but I have a feeling I'd have to go to Sweden?

goldtop0

A good sound you got there.......welcome to the LPF:2cool

renderit

Actually they are my peeps. Uppsala was my clans hangout supposedly:yah. But I can't afford the ticket.

Big Al

New stuff from an old player

Old? :bigal

Freakin' whippersnapper! :ganz

>:rofl<

I hear ya Gramps! This guy is still a pup!

The difference, Robo is "MY". Welcome and have fun, ya sound fine.

robo

Oh my! What kind response from you all!

Someone said above they'd pay to hear us play, I can tell you that far too few are willing to do that :hee

We're more in the "free meal and a few beers" end of the music business. But who cares, I'd probably pay to play if I had to.

But what about my main Q? What's the biggest difference between lespaulforum.com and mylespaul.com
I'll ask the other forum the same thing and see what they have to say about you.

Another thing: that Les Paul on top of this site is one of the best looking things I've ever seen. Who owns it? Does anybody know it's story?

Oh, yeah, I live in Sweden. How did you figure that out? I didn't put anything about my whereabouts when I registered here.

Elmore

Welcome! You will really like this place. The collective knowledge here is amazing. I was chasing vintage PAF tone when I joined (still am, really), and I learned the best way to get it within a reasonable budget. There are some big name players and vintage gurus on this forum. And all will openly share their knowledge. And we all get smarter as a result. Welcome!

renderit

I'm kinda the opposite. I have an ID there but I hang here. Both are really fine. This is just the one I am used to and the people here are like an old pair of shoes to me. They smell like hell but they are very comfortable...

tdarian

Nice clip, "old player"! You guys really do sound good!

I like both LPF & MLP, good guys and good info in both although I do find myself much more active here.

robo

Thank you guys! Both on your kind words on my playing and the way you've answered my question.

Uncle Gary

Hi all!

I'm a 40 year old dude working in advertising on the days and playing funky blues rock in clubs at night. Been playing for 30 years. I basicly picked up the guitar at age 9 and never really grew up enough to put it down.

https://soundcloud.com/ida-andersso...sson-band/sets/live-sveriges-radio-2015-02-13

Old? Hell, I'll be 63 in a month, you're still a "whippersnapper" from my point of view. Anyway, welcome to the forum, and that's some tasty stuff there.