• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Favorite Strat players?

251blckgrds

Steve Miller had some good twangy strat tone back in the day. Always sounded good through my Sound Design head phones. And I always liked Hank Marvin.

Dave P

Some of my favorite Strat guys-
Jimi
Jeff Beck
Uli Roth
Eric Johnson
David Gilmour
Jim Thomas from The Mermen
Robin Trower
Eric Gales
Mark Knopfler
Chris Rea
Yngwie
James Byrd

shred

The great Ty Tabor and King's X... His tone with that Fender Elite Strat was incredible:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p9sO3bcWdpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DonRowe

Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, Rory, Robin Trower, Jeff Beck, Hendrix, Ronny Earl, Sonny Landreth and Tommy Bolin...
Ry Cooder as well but thats a Stratocaster in name only at this point.... Kinda like a super Bigsby guitar.

But one of the unknown greats... Ray Gomez... Check his stuff out... Especially a song called Sweet Life... Its on CD Baby... Recorded in 1990.... Life changing stuff..

Joe B

His stuff with Stanley Clark is monstrous ! Truly a great player !:dude:

N¡co

Hendrix
SRV
Knopfler
Gilmour
Eric Johnson
Clapton
Blackmore
Malmsteen
Walter Giardino

stevechilders

And since I mentioned Mr. Betts...

DickeyBOfromshakaleg_zpsvhoozrwm.jpg

Early%20Brothers_zps2xs3lrby.jpg

Dickey%20sliding%20on%20a%20strat_zps5hrqcjnp.jpg

Dickey%20with%20a%20strat_zpsdtbzrsdy.jpg

chuckNC

Ritchie Blackmore
George Harrison
Mark Knopfler
David Gilmore
Hughie Thomasson
Just thought of Hughie Thomasson today and checked the thread to see if anybody else thought enough of him to give a mention. So a big +1 there! :salude

I was a strat nut early on. Ritchie, Rory, Robin, Jimi and Jeff were well represented in my modest record collection. And my ears definitely perked up the first time I heard ZZ Top's Lagrange on the radio. Loved the Rev's first solo. It was the first time I realized I could recognize a strat by its sound alone. Magic times.

PierceLP

For me, this man has inspired me the most with a strat :) the sound.. the way he plays. It really captured me when i first heard it and ive been a HUGE fan ever since!

lure555

Swirling Vortex of Sound, Classic Club
The usual suspects... Jimi... Clapton... Stevie... Eric Johnson...Knofler... Jeff Beck... Fast Eddie Clark:dude:

Last edited: