• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson 2014: pure BS marketing drivel

Tokyo Mike

Just feel lucky that I never had butt-hurt over the 120 inlay. Not trying to pass my Trad off as a genuin 59, so it doesn't bother me. Looks great, actually. The 2015's have made my 2014 Trad even better, also. Thanks Gibson :jim

Guitarrista68

I'm sure glad we all didn't fall for this marketing crap when we bought our Les Pauls. The folks who buy the 2014s are going to be idiots!! :rolleyes
E7588F41-8335-42B2-ACA0-09A6C85EBCCA_zpsxyu6pl9w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Their marketing might be hype but a good top is a good top IMHO! The one on the right is a 2014. The "120 Anniversary" doesn't bother me at all! The one on the left is a 2012 Custom Shop Standard I picked up from Wildwood.

Jshort

I've got a cheapy '14 studio pro that plays and feels absolutely fantastic. It's a real American made music machine IMO. I just don't understand and probably never will the hate that Gibson gets online.

goldtop0

I've got a cheapy '14 studio pro that plays and feels absolutely fantastic. It's a real American made music machine IMO. I just don't understand and probably never will the hate that Gibson gets online.

Welcome to the forum.
There's been a lot of discussion recently about the changes that Gibson have made with prices and manufacture/features etc of some of the 2014(USA production) and '15(Custom Shop) LPs that many here feel are backward steps in quality and style. Hence you tend to get what might be perceived as hate/disgust.
Mostly it's robust comment about products that are close to our hearts, that we love to use and play.
I, like you, can't get over the LPs I have as they're just great instruments.

Last edited:

masliko

I must admit have never encountered more BS from guitar companies as i have in the last 15 years,what about TONE POLISH ARTICLE,ha

ajay taylor

You guys can hate on it, but personally I LOVE my STANDARD HIPPIE! It rocks out like no Les a Paul that I ever had. It must be that Hemp soakin' into the beootiful Orange Paint! And I used my battery powered amp to practice back at the creek in my yard today! U.S. hippies rock it down outside. I'll hippy down all day long!