• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is anyone else considering refretting their Les Paul Axcess

Tullman

I just picked up a Les Paul Axcess. I really like this guitar but the frets are to low for my style of playing. I would like to have it refretted with some jumbo frets.

I know there are plenty of guys that like low profile frets but not me. I like to be able to dig into the strings a bit.

Is it a bad idea to have my Axcess refretted?

RamiLP

if you plan on playing the guitar go for it, if you plan on keeping the guitar in the case for maybe one day you might sell it as all original it might effect it.

Iplay4JC

if you plan on playing the guitar go for it, if you plan on keeping the guitar in the case for maybe one day you might sell it as all original it might effect it.

+1. Don't forget :photos

D'Mule

If you're a player, then get frets that suit your style.

Don

It's weird that it's got low frets considering that recent production Gibsons have very tall frets!

duane v

That is interesting....

I too like tall frets.... I recently had my 1980 LPC re-fretted with taller frets and had the fret-board scalloped...

Ya it probably killed the value, but it now gets played:dude:

Tullman

I am a player and yes it will get played. I already swapped pickups to WCR Godwood and Darkburst. Pics tomorrow.

Tullman

Here are some pics WCR pickups with the WCR pots and caps kit.

axcess2005.jpg

axcess1002.jpg

bloomk

I too own an Axcess with Floyd rose and I want jumbo frets like my EVH has. So did u do it?