• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Greeny-Fact or Rumor?

JJ Blair

JRW, I could really give a flip who owns it. Kirk ain't my fav a player, but the only requirement for ownership is the willingness to pay the asking price. I'd rather it be played than wind up in a display case. But even if it did wind up in a case, it doesn't affect my life.

Last edited:

JBLPplayer

Am i the only one irritated that it went to someone like Kirk? Im not Joe's biggest fan, but id rather him own it than Kirk Hammett

No worries either way... I didnt want it... I think Kirk would be a great guy to have it.. Who says in its next life it has to play blues rock anyway.. I've already got my head around Principal Skinner playing in a futuristic techno band with a front woman that sings like Sade and is blue in complexion.. Oh wait that was the band from the movie "The 5th Element.":rofl :rofl .

Good on anyone who buys it and freaking does something positive with it.. I'm glad our own Richard H has/had it now.. Its in good hands.

Joe B

JRW8214@AOL.COM

Well im not pulling my hair out irritated, but jesus you'd think a guitar of that legend and caliber deserves someone better than the guy from metallica. That'd be like giving the Bloomfield burst or Page's #1 to Billie Joe Armstrong.

landminelenny

Les Paul Froum Member
No worries either way... I didnt want it...

It's a good job you didn't want it cause Kirk had already agreed to buy it on the morning of the day we saw you. Although I did get the impression you were more interested in the old guitar that was in the boot of the Ferrari? I have to admit, the look on Mike's face when I pulled Greeny out of the trunk of the car was priceless. He's the only guy I know who can make a burst sound like a jet airplane without an amplifier. :hee

I was sorry we didn't get more time at the unofficial UK/AU/USA LPF Burst hangout.

Hope all is well with you.

IMG_8938_zps8b08851a.jpg

hoss

Well im not pulling my hair out irritated, but jesus you'd think a guitar of that legend and caliber deserves someone better than the guy from metallica. That'd be like giving the Bloomfield burst or Page's #1 to Billie Joe Armstrong.
Stop it, please :##

Martin_UK

Fair play to Kirk!

For most fans it should be irrelevant who owns it, more important who loans it.

(As the owner of Joey Bs Tour de Force live at RAH will testify) killer greeny tones all over that album !

B

Banker

My impression is that Kirk is a super nice guy with a very personable manner, not what I expected to be honest. If you wanted the guitar to got to a cool, mellow guy who'll cherish and play it.....well, then it's home.

JRW8214@AOL.COM

My impression is that Kirk is a super nice guy with a very personable manner, not what I expected to be honest. If you wanted the guitar to got to a cool, mellow guy who'll cherish and play it.....well, then it's home.

Yeah thats true. I dont like his music or his playing, but he does seem like a hell of a nice guy. Not to mention he is obviously a fan of Green otherwise he wouldnt have bought it.

ourmaninthenorth

It's a good job you didn't want it cause Kirk had already agreed to buy it on the morning of the day we saw you. Although I did get the impression you were more interested in the old guitar that was in the boot of the Ferrari? I have to admit, the look on Mike's face when I pulled Greeny out of the trunk of the car was priceless. He's the only guy I know who can make a burst sound like a jet airplane without an amplifier. :hee

I was sorry we didn't get more time at the unofficial UK/AU/USA LPF Burst hangout.

Hope all is well with you.

IMG_8938_zps8b08851a.jpg

Super cool shot ... there's a lot of smiling going on ... doesn't appear to be a whiff of the infered bad karma surrounding Greeny, anywhere...

Said it before and I'll say it again...Congratulations at every level to all concerned. I think history will show just how important the recent moves have been for the future of this wonderful guitar.

:salude

EvLectric

Maybe Kirk can chase the demons out of the guitar. Wonder how Enter Sandman sounds on Greeny.:salude

Without reading past jimmis post..
Enter Sandman will much better on greeny!
I still rather hear Joe play it than Kirk, but man...he's got to be the kid that got given the burpday present! !!
Hey...who else would play Message in a Bottle on it?

abalonevintage

Yeah thats true. I dont like his music or his playing, but he does seem like a hell of a nice guy. Not to mention he is obviously a fan of Green otherwise he wouldnt have bought it.

It would seem Kirk's (and James) "appreciation" of Greenie would be via Gary Moore...