• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Yngwie's new blues album

shred

Yngwie just put out a blues album. It probably isn't going to make TW forget about Rory or PG but here goes :couch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZvH1Wl6J50Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

shred

And don't forget:

One man's carp is another man's treasure :spabout

image.jpg1_zpsqtqy6zgf.jpg

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?195517-Yngwie-s-art

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Not too bad, all things considered.

But I do have to ask ... does he get paid by the note? :ganz :spabout

zacknorton

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

That dude can play all sorts of impressive things. But it’s not musical.

Nice drums...sounds like Blues Hammer.

PaulD

That's nothing to do with the blues in my opinion, I'm sure if shredding and playing at a million miles an hour are your thing (it isn't mine!) he is good at what he does but blues it isn't.

Blues is about feeling and restraint and the notes you don't play are just as important as the ones you do - there aren't many notes that he didn't play there! :)

stevechilders

I had to check the date of the original post to make sure this wasn't an April fools prank.... complete rubbish

GreenBurst

Maybe not for all, but better to have some alternative guitar styles than no guitar at all.

Might help with driving new interest in playing guitar. It's better that than nothing.

Triplet

Dunno, 3 chord notes and then 25 fill notes. :spabout

2002standardmat

To put it politely, it's bleeding awful.

The guitar playing is the antithesis of the blues and the drums sound like they were recorded with some serious 80's Hair Metal EQ and reverb.

I'd get more enjoyment from listening to a scratched William Shatner album, on the wrong speed setting.

YMMV.

:dude:

ourmaninthenorth

To put it politely, it's bleeding awful.

The guitar playing is the antithesis of the blues and the drums sound like they were recorded with some serious 80's Hair Metal EQ and reverb.

I'd get more enjoyment from listening to a scratched William Shatner album, on the wrong speed setting.

YMMV.

:dude:

What do you want me to do with the copy I've bought yer?

Play nice now.....:laugh2::laugh2:

renderit

I am reminded of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie where they made fun of the drummers 'car song' all the way through it.

I believe I will put it in the Bluray and 'turn the key and drop the clutch now'...

bern1

Hmm, the video makes me wonder, does he really think he is so awesome or is it a joke??

sonar

Because the kids can't get enough manual transmission in their lives.

Sing it!

greveost

Not for the blues purist for sure.

But his really early stuff, when he was just a kid, before he conquered the world, he played his ass off in his totally unique way of approaching music. Total respect for the dude what he did way back, but present stuff I am not into.