• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Mike Campbell joins Fleetwood Mac

Texas Blues

Not true ... I know several who are fans of both eras of FM, including myself.
I'm not a fan of Stevie, but I am a fan of Christine, Mick and John. Those three span all eras of Fleetwood Mac and I like songs from most versions, not just Peter Green's era.

Fleetwood Mac Rumours was and still is great sex/date night music.

Peter Green Fleetwood Mac was and still is great rough sex/kinky date night music.

The former is "blow dry my hair!"

The latter is "pull my hair"!

renderit

Who will handle the lead vocal parts which were sung by Lindsay Buckingham?

I would recommend Candy Candido. He can do ANYTHING.

He could play bass as well.

41484147281_f3c9b4009d.jpg

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Christine didn't join Fleetwood Mac until after Peter Green announced he was leaving the band, did she? :hmm

Not officially, but she played on several recordings and was already with John, I think. And she was added immediately when Peter left, yet stayed when Peter returned to help out when Jeremy "lost his way".
Her early credits had her under her stage name [at the time], Christine Perfect.
I never thought about dating her recording history with them, but I might have it.
However, I think Peter also got some piano credits.
:hmm

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
The earliest recording date for Christine that I have found so far is the original recording session for Stop Messin' Round on April 28, 1968.
She also gets credits for piano on Rollin' Man, Love That Burns, If You Be My Baby and Lazy Poker Blues, listed only as April 1968.

This was the recording session for Mister Wonderful.

She was also on the next album, The Pious Bird of Good Omen.
However, those sessions were apparently also in April of 1968, so they were probably left over tracks. :ganz

SpencerD

The last time I saw a Fleetwood Mac show,my LDL cholesterol dropped 9 points...there's lots of second hand Lipitor at those gigs. I'm just saying.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Wait, on this version?

They recorded 5 takes of that, that day. Take #4 and #5 were designated the masters. She was on all takes, and presumably on all songs with keys that day [she played organ, rather than piano, on Need Your Love So Bad]. This recording day was sometimes referred to as "Peter Green Day" because of song selection.

The next day, April 29 was "Jeremy Spencer Day" where they recorded his songs. Jeremy played piano on those.

The Shifter

They recorded 5 takes of that, that day. Take #4 and #5 were designated the masters. She was on all takes, and presumably on all songs with keys that day [she played organ, rather than piano, on Need Your Love So Bad]. This recording day was sometimes referred to as "Peter Green Day" because of song selection.

The next day, April 29 was "Jeremy Spencer Day" where they recorded his songs. Jeremy played piano on those.

Wow, that's so great. She's channelling Otis Spann big time!:salude

Last edited:

rockabilly69

That made my day!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I'm looking for the date she first played with them [presumably as a sit in].
Actually, because this subject caused me to dig into her association with FM, I am trying to chronicle all of her early involvement.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
In 1969, they did this with Mr. Spann:

Some of Peter Green's best playing, IMO, although by all reports, Mick did not play on these sessions.

I do remember that Mick did not play drums. Otis wanted at least one guy from his "group" and S.P. Leary [I think] was his drummer. Makes sense he would want his regular drummer, but it's also a shame Mick isn't there.

Edit: I don't know why I read your post as saying John McVie wasn't there. :##

Last edited:

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member

It sounds like Campbell was brought on for his guitar chops, and Finn for his voice. I wonder how long this line-up will last? :hmm

Foggy72

They'll be playing a few Peter Green era blues numbers which will make their audience think - "Is this new stuff they wrote for this tour?"

I've heard no mention of Bob Welch era material. I do hope they include that. It would make a nice complete anthology of the band. Lindsay would always nix the Green/Welch material in their setlists.

Hypnotized (Bob Welch)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZeTlMpnfHk