• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Player's grade '52 goldtop - price estimate?

mjinli

Hey all,

This popped up for a sale a few hours from me: https://imgur.com/a/mMme4ir.

Headstock repair, binding repair, pretty well worn. Tuner keys look like they're in suspiciously good condition, not sure if replaced.

Shop owner sent me a pic of the neck angle, looks like it would play pretty nicely with a low profile wrapover replacement bridge.

What would a fair price be? I'm interested in going to check it out. Thanks.

deytookerjaabs

It's been a few hours since you posted this OP.

So, I imagine it's already been converted to "'59 Spec" and will be for sale on Reverb tomorrow.

jk, good luck!!

mjinli

It's been a few hours since you posted this OP.

So, I imagine it's already been converted to "'59 Spec" and will be for sale on Reverb tomorrow.

jk, good luck!!

oh man, it hurts a little bit extra because of the nugget of truth in there lol

agogetr

are the keys sticking out kind of far? "nice case" i bought a nice one 5 or 6 years back for 10k from the original owners son. i think that was a bit of a deal.
a few years ago an all gold one for 12k straight up from a long time dealer collector. the perk on that deal is its in a 5 latch case.
the crack hurts the guitar in question, although the cases helps the value the original 'flat top' case is more rare.
id kick the guy 7500 cash (maybe 8k), throw a glasser bridge on it and love it like a japanese robot girl.

brandtkronholm

...id kick the guy 7500 cash (maybe 8k)...

+1 -more or less. $8K sounds about right. Maybe $10K if you really like it. It could be a nice candidate for a conversion: '52->'54; '56; '57 or '59. (I like '52-> '57 myself...)

brandtkronholm

Who you going to send it to to get it molested as a conversion?

Good question.

If it were up to me (and it's not!) I'd let the established experts do the converting. Historic Makeovers would be my first choice for a '52->'57 or '56 conversion.

AA00475Bassman

There' one in town 12000.00 head stock repair the guitar has been for sale over a year , it MIGHT and that's a big MIGHT sell at 9000.00 hope this helps .