• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vintage 1950s Les Paul guitar strap pics?

marfen

I checked old threads but posted pics have disappeared. Anyone got Gibson strap pics? Did 50s Les Pauls get shipped with straps like Fenders or was it purchased seperately and anyone have pics handy. I have an old leather strap, looks like it was black originally with a chrome buckle, white padding under the shoulder pad, that's definitely been with the guitar since the 50s.

Big Al

I checked old threads but posted pics have disappeared. Anyone got Gibson strap pics? Did 50s Les Pauls get shipped with straps like Fenders or was it purchased seperately and anyone have pics handy. I have an old leather strap, looks like it was black originally with a chrome buckle, white padding under the shoulder pad, that's definitely been with the guitar since the 50s.

The straps I've seen were natural leather skinny straps with padded shoulder rest and a nickle buckle, IIRC. Mine fell apart yrs ago.

T.Allen

IMG-2832.jpg
IMG-2833.jpg