• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I scratched the silkscreen...

Elliot Easton

I scratched the "Les Paul" silkscreen on the headstock of my 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard in Cherry Teaburst, whilst changing my strings. Should I: a) have it repaired by an authorized repair center, b) send it back to Nashville to have the headstock redone, or c) simply commit suicide, so as not to inconvenience anyone. Asking for a friend...

Don

Gold Sharpie??? I'm kidding!

I'd leave it and just consider it to be scratch number one. The next one will be easier to accept.

GotTheSilver

I scratched the "Les Paul" silkscreen on the headstock of my 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard in Cherry Teaburst, whilst changing my strings. Should I: a) have it repaired by an authorized repair center, b) send it back to Nashville to have the headstock redone, or c) simply commit suicide, so as not to inconvenience anyone. Asking for a friend...

Clearly, the entire headstock needs to be chopped off and replaced. Be sure to cut perfectly perpendicular to the neck and glue the new headstock on with a butt joint, not one of those gimmicky scarf joints. We don't want any more surface area in the joint than necessary! Look at it as an opportunity to add a stinger! :salude

Elliot Easton

Clearly, the entire headstock needs to be chopped off and replaced. Be sure to cut perfectly perpendicular to the neck and glue the new headstock on with a butt joint, not one of those gimmicky scarf joints. We don't want any more surface area in the joint than necessary! Look at it as an opportunity to add a stinger! :salude

That's kind of what i figured. Chop the whole headstock.

renderit

I would tunnel in UNDER the holly through a tuner hole and paint it from inside so as nobody could reckon it be redone.

You could use an old spoon that you grind off'n the floor.

I wood do it at night but put your pillow under your covers so's it looks like yer sleepin'!

Arnold M.

I vote none of the above .. just leave it, there are worse things in life to worry about

El Gringo

First off Mucho respect for your work with Cars , I seen you guys tearing it up on your first tour and been a fan ever since ( now that I got the fan boy stuff out of the way) I would contact Gibson Custom and I think they would be more than glad to help and accommodate you on getting the silkscreened corrected ! They certainly know who you are and would certainly want to take good care of you !

zacknorton

the only solution is to "Steinberger it".

you won't need a string butler...and it'll stay in tune forever!

somebodyelseuk

What would Jimi do?

J T

Dan did the Gibson logo it like this but the Les Paul silkscreen would be similar

fakejake

I would tunnel in UNDER the holly through a tuner hole and paint it from inside so as nobody could reckon it be redone.

You could use an old spoon that you grind off'n the floor.

I wood do it at night but put your pillow under your covers so's it looks like yer sleepin'!

:laugh2: how do you always come up with that stuff???

Elliot Easton

Thanks for all of your suggestions. All are being taken under consideration. I've got a fine team of doctors and therapists working with me who all seem to favor euthanasia.

Don

Thanks for all of your suggestions. All are being taken under consideration. I've got a fine team of doctors and therapists working with me who all seem to favor euthanasia.

For you or the guitar???

vintage58

It sounds like you've got a lot on your head, and most of it's headstock.

sinner

You could hang a sign out your door saying "Relic Work Done By Expert" and watch them line up!

LeonC

Trying to think outside the box here. You could just go full Steinberger on it, no?

brandtkronholm

When I break a string I don't take any chances. I just get a new guitar.