• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Let's See Your Pedalboard!

DANELECTRO

I've been thinking about building a new pedalboard for the last year or so and finally got around to it last weekend. My old board was similar, but I had to carry it around in a bag, the cable routing was sloppy, and it was too crowded. A couple of weeks a ago at a gig I went to kick on my chorus in the middle of a song and accidentally hit my tuner muting everything. That's when I decided it was time to build a new board and spread things out a bit.

I run two chains of effects; The time-based pedals go through the effects loop, and the wah and overdrive pedal feed directly into the amp's input. This leaves me with a number of cables exiting the pedalboard. My goal was to build a board with a removable hinged cover to make it easy to cart around and and to have all the cables connect off of the right side of the board to keep the my stage space clean.

I had enough scrap wood lying around for the box, so I ended up shelling out only about $15 for the latches and hinges. The handle came from an old Peavey amp.

Pedalboard3002800.jpg

Pedalboard3004800.jpg

Pedalboard037800.jpg

A two tiered board is essential for me. I don't want to have to carefully reach my toe over the front row of pedals in order to hit a pedal in the back row. Having the second row raised makes hitting the box a lot easier. They call these stomp boxes for a reason! :) There are 9V and 18V power supplies mounted under the upper tier.
Pedalboard3005800.jpg

Pedalboard038800.jpg

Pedalboard3Wiring.jpg

Using two Fulldrives gives me all the distortion options I could possibly want. One of the Fulldrives is set to CompCut, so it acts as an overdrive or boost. I use this for a crunchy edge or volume boost. The other one is set on "Vintage" which gives me a creamy distortion.

In case I happen to use an amp that doesn't have an effects loop, I can run a jumper between the "To Amp" and "Effects In" jacks and connect the "Effects Out" to the amp, thereby linking all of the effects in series.

The "Guitar In" jacks are connected in parallel. I use the extra jack to link to a Digitech Vocalist harmonizer.

It wasn't really part of the plan, but I found that the cover makes a nice riser and tilt-back for my amp.
Pedalboard3011.jpg

pit_s_xroad

wow... this is a nice and clean board... well done... :3zone
I like the idea with the two Fulldrives...

PIT... :salude

B

bigsby'd

Here's my entire pedal board. Its kind of complicated, but I need all of this stuff to get "my" sound.
p1_uy3t1x51w_ss.jpg

jsamans

Here's mine:

board910.jpg

Signal goes Relay G50 wireless (Polytune on tuner out) --> heavily modded Dunlop wah --> Turbo Rat clone --> Tube Screamer clone --> triboost set to clean boost --> analog chorus --> phaser --> analog delay --> ping pong digital delay --> acoustic sim.

Except for the Boss pedals they are all BYOC kits I built and tweaked myself.

B

bigsby'd

Its a Bigsby volume/tone pedal. The volume pedal works normally, but the top swivels side to side and has a passive tone control. Fender had the same set up, but much later. I have a few of these.

mmcquain

I've been thinking about building a new pedalboard for the last year or so and finally got around to it last weekend...

Excellent design (very clean and simple). I have the same options (separate loop for amp F/X loop or a jump to run all in front of amp) and love it... all pedalboards should have this option IMO.

sonar

It's changed a bit since this photo, but here ya go:

photo2.jpg

Hey, I have a Musket & Carbon Copy on my board.

The Musket sounds great, but at age 41 I might finally be growing out of Big Muff's.

style0

I mounted my stuff in the lid of an old Fender pedal steel case. Works real nice and kinda has a vintage vibe going for it.
pedalboard.jpg

pit_s_xroad

I mounted my stuff in the lid of an old Fender pedal steel case. Works real nice and kinda has a vintage vibe going for it.

looks like a really nice Rock'n'Roll board... very cool... :peace2

PIT... :pwink

stevek

27112010054.jpg

TU-2 -> Tone Press -> Ultimate Octave -> FD2 FM -> Sahashrara OD -> Mini Deja Vibe -> Box of Rock

pit_s_xroad

very cool and professional board... there is a lot going on on it... :dude: ...seen it today at some place else... :rofl ...but you might recon mine, too... :2cool

Modded mine yesterday a bit... I relocated the Leslie-16-switch and the tuner. So I gained space for two more pedals... ...relocated the BOSS reverb pedal and added the BOSS Chorus and the MRX phaser...

2010_stageboard_002.jpg

Greetings
PIT... :salude