• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Marshall tone at 1-3 watts ....anything new out ?

Cliff Gress

Nice playing Peter. Glad to see you work in healthcare. Lots of heros. I spent the majority of my career in Rx IT. Did you ever experience Cerner?

Pellman73

Nice playing Peter. Glad to see you work in healthcare. Lots of heros. I spent the majority of my career in Rx IT. Did you ever experience Cerner?

Thank you Cliff! —yes absolutely. I”m not sure exactly WHERE though...

I’m trying to think — Does Cerner do the whole deal EMR now? I’m wondering if perhaps we were looking at that a few years back when we were going that route—- we use EPIC... or I”m wondering if perhaps sometimes I see it for films that I look at from outside institutions?

Either way I’m familiar with the name and the company for sure

Cliff Gress

Cerner sold itself on being a one shop IT solution for hospitals, a totally integrated package. Their charting software was fine but the pharmacy software sucked as did Lab, Radiology, etc. I went from best of breed Rx tools to the worst. Millions of dollars and man hours were spent to get Cerner patched and running. You can imagine the stress levels when orders were not filled, software crashed, etc. Now I understand that Spectrum Health dumped it and went EPIC.

Sorry about the aside, back to wattage.

Pellman73

Cerner sold itself on being a one shop IT solution for hospitals, a totally integrated package. Their charting software was fine but the pharmacy software sucked as did Lab, Radiology, etc. I went from best of breed Rx tools to the worst. Millions of dollars and man hours were spent to get Cerner patched and running. You can imagine the stress levels when orders were not filled, software crashed, etc. Now I understand that Spectrum Health dumped it and went EPIC.

Sorry about the aside, back to wattage.

Yea I bet it was a real goat rodeo. I honestly hate all the crap we have to do with charting and records and all that stuff. The system now has me basically doing the full charting, billing and sending all the letters to referring doctors in clinic. I spend 2 minutes seeing patients and then 10 doing all that crap. It will make you crazy if you think about it too much.

yes back to wattage!