• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Match made in heaven...

mipstoo

Thought I just let you know about my refound love for my SG...
Since I plugged it in the Bassman and found the sweet spot it sings and screams...

43270643232_a050eea52b_h.jpg
[FONT=&quot]Bewaren[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bewaren[/FONT]

Bruce R

Very nice combination!! Look how far the pickup is from the bridge.

moonweasel

I play bass too, I know these aren't considered "great" for bass. I always thought it would be interesting to replace the speakers with correct ohm, proper modern bass speakers. I wonder if it would sound decent for bass then?

Bruce R

I once loaned my (at the time) '58 Bassman to our bass player to use during a band rehearsal when his amp was down. We didn't play all that loud, and he was astounded at how good it sounded. I was quite nervous because the speakers were at least 40 years old, but it held up fine. I bought it used in the mid 70's. My favorite, however, was the '61 Blonde Bassman I used as a trade-in on the '58. Good move financially, but bad move sound-wise.

djd100

I play bass too, I know these aren't considered "great" for bass. I always thought it would be interesting to replace the speakers with correct ohm, proper modern bass speakers. I wonder if it would sound decent for bass then?

Sure, not a lot of clean headroom so you'll likely get some drive on peaks, but that can be a beautiful thing for rock and blues etc.

rockabilly69

years ago I had a 50s LP Special that I plugged into a solid state echoplex then into a Blackface Bassman like yours (with the 2X12 bottom) and that rig rocked!

cincyguitar

Awesome pic dude....I love my 67 Sg Standard...would sound great thru that amp :dude:

mipstoo

Why part with it?
Something else caught your eye?

I play most of the time my Les Pauls and my Fenders... And I'm thinking of getting myself an early '60 ES-335...
So, it just doesn't get enough love.
Since I consider myself only as a caretaker and definitely am not a collector I thought I offer it for sale at the same price I acquired it 2 years ago.
It's not supposed to rest in it's case.
I sold/am selling all gear that doesn't get played enough...

Last edited:

MeHereNow

I play most of the time my Les Pauls and my Fenders... And I'm thinking of getting myself an early '60 ES-335...
So, it just doesn't get enough love.
Since I consider myself only as a caretaker and definitely am not a collector I thought I offer it for sale at the same price I acquired it 2 years ago.
It's not supposed to rest in it's case.
I sold/am selling all gear that doesn't get played enough...

I hear ya.
It's a beaut and hope it finds a good new home.
And hope you find the 60's ES that fits your needs :salude

mipstoo

I hear ya.
It's a beaut and hope it finds a good new home.
And hope you find the 60's ES that fits your needs :salude

I have my eye on a very nice one in the Netherlands... Just need to find an agreement on the price.