• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Early Allman Brothers Lessons

VintageWoodWorkshop

Hey Fellas, it's been awhile since I've been on the forum or played much guitar regularly but I'm finally getting back into it and having a blast. I had some requests for some more early Allman Brothers lessons so I've recently posted two new videos with more to come. These cover the basic riffs, chords and structure without getting into the solos if you're interested:

Hot Lanta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNDOVb6XF5k

Don't Want You No More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpEyXGmdT2g

Take care brothers, Kyle

Dothedew

Good stuff, glad to see PA folks on the LPF!! On a side note, it's funny all the recommended videos in the side bar for your video are for govt conspiracy theories, whats that got to do with the ABB :laugh2:

VintageWoodWorkshop

Good stuff, glad to see PA folks on the LPF!! On a side note, it's funny all the recommended videos in the side bar for your video are for govt conspiracy theories, whats that got to do with the ABB :laugh2:
Thanks, yeah what's with the Illuminati connection? Weird...ha-ha

Just posted another video for the rhythm for its not my cross to bear

http://youtu.be/7I4rdSsmkEk

Tridyed

Nice, I am always looking for ABB and any old southern rock/Blues lessons like this. Been playing most of my life but I feel if you ever quit learning your done for.

Thank you for the lessons.

Feel free to do some lessons pointed at Duane's or Dickie's Solo parts anytime you want :f1:

stratking

Very nice. Thanks for posting this. I watched your first set of videos a while back but had forgotten to subscribe. Then I couldn't find them any longer. It looks like you changed your YouTube name. Glad to have found your channel again. Oh, and you're not too far down the road from me!

VintageWoodWorkshop

awesome, thanks man! yeah, changed my name to Vintage Wood Workshop which I figured works for guitar-related stuff and woodworking. I'm planning on tackling a guitar neck for a tele body out of barn wood I made a few years ago so that bridges the gap between the two.

So, you're in Lancaster...nice...my stepson is going to Millersville. Have a good one my friend!

kidmo

Thanks, yeah what's with the Illuminati connection? Weird...ha-ha

Just posted another video for the rhythm for its not my cross to bear

http://youtu.be/7I4rdSsmkEk
:bugthe sidebar videos are dependent on what you regularly watch, they've been tracking you...

VintageWoodWorkshop

:bugthe sidebar videos are dependent on what you regularly watch, they've been tracking you...

I believe you're right, at the time I was talking to my students about the moon landings (I teach 8th grade science) and that Youtube search yields many crazy conspiracy theory videos. I have to admit I did watch a few to see what they were basing their ideas on...haha

Pellman73

Glad you liked it, thanks for checking it out! More Allman Bros videos in the works (plus woodworking, blacksmithing, you name it...haha)

I made a George Nakashima conoid chair in the woodshop in college. It took 3 years. it looks cool as hell.

I love wood working- I just don't to it now because my job requires that I cannot afford to lose a fingie

didn't duane once say something like all you need to get good at slide is to get a big bag of... you know... white stuff-- go out to your house by the pond and just do it?

I forget where I read that or heard it but I felt its not something that you could make up..