• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Real Les Paul Standard?

fore93

Hello folks.
Im sorry if this is a noob question but i didnt find on any forum the answer.
Im about to buy an used 2010 gibson les paul standard, but how do i know if its an authentic les paul standard?, i mean, the seller can just replace the truss rod cover from a traditional and put a standard cover on it.
how can i difference it from a traditional besides the truss rod cover.
sorry if my english is bad.
btw the serial number is 135100545.
thank you !

kevinkjs

I looked up your guitars serial # and it was indeed made at the Nashville, Tennessee USA plant on Dec. 18th 2010
production # 245. I highly doubt someone would try to make a Traditional seem to be a Standard. There's really no
benefit to the seller price-wise or in market interest. A picture or any other details would probably get your post
more replies. You can always try calling Gibson. Good luck.

P.S., there are no such things as "noob" questions.

fore93

I looked up your guitars serial # and it was indeed made at the Nashville, Tennessee USA plant on Dec. 18th 2010
production # 245. I highly doubt someone would try to make a Traditional seem to be a Standard. There's really no
benefit to the seller price-wise or in market interest. A picture or any other details would probably get your post
more replies. You can always try calling Gibson. Good luck.

P.S., there are no such things as "noob" questions.

I appreciate your answer, have a nice week