• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1963 Korina Explorer For Sale $218,000

agogetr

o man... if i had the loot i would be tempted to buy it!
pretty big price drop. maybe its a consignment and the seller is motivated?
160k or somthing like that would be not to much of a gamble.
i bought my 53 goldtop, the family called the store and told them they would take less than originally planned, got it for 12k!!! about 3 years ago. 100 percent original

neuroy

Why do the tuners say "Gibson Deluxe" ?
Instead of Kluson in a single line ?
I thought in ´63 they should be "Kluson" .I wonder what the distance between the posts is. Also would love to see a detailed pic with tuners off...

akstrat61

I'm not a fan of the Bigsby on there?? I wonder what music the original owner was playing and thought that would be a cool add?:hmm

None the less, a very nice guitar!:dude:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I thought in ´63 they should be "Kluson" .I wonder what the distance between the posts is. Also would love to see a detailed pic with tuners off...

I don't see a photo that shows that. It's too small on my screen.
But if they do say Gibson, they are not original. :)

neuroy

The ad states "newer tuners installed". Twice.

Thank you for correction. I missed this .

BUT : there was a thread a while ago, Tom Bartlett was talking about the already made (in 1958) tuner holes on those ´63s.
Therefor the distance of the string posts are "Fender-spacing" from E to e .
The newer 6-on-a-strip Klusons ( like those on this guitar) have a narrower spacing. So the question is how newer tuners could fit on such a guitar.
Can anybody confirm the spacing from E to e tuner posts on an original 1963 Ex ?
Also the question from which other guitars those 6on-strip tuners came from in 1963 ?

richard henry

Banned
_6_9_54.jpg

neuroy

And how can those fit being smaller in distance than ´58 or those ´63 6-on-strip ( nobody has ever seen before) tuners ???

neuroy

And the plate below low E-string was usually cut to fit on the headstock.....
So this headstock has another shape ?

gmann

The description does say newer tuners installed, so, not original.

neuroy

The description does say newer tuners installed, so, not original.

That's already corrected .See post # 10.

The remaining question is : how can newer tuners fit to the wider spaced drillings from 1958 ???
They were drilled for the 6 individual Klusons, so no 6-on-a-plate from mid and late 60´s can fit !

Anybody out there with a guitar of any brand having 6-on-strip single line Klusons with plastic buttons ?