• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Wildwood Spec by Tom Murphy 1958 Les Paul Standard — these all look fantastic

Fan of LP

Tim Plains

I only like two of the tops, 80011 & 00007, the rest look boring and some are ugly. I almost threw up a little after seeing 00001, and am surprised it sold, but that is probably because of its serial number. The finishing looks good on all, as you would expect from Murphy.

Just my opinion, and yes, opinions are like...

Patek

what do you think of this one ?

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product...-collection-1959-les-paul-standard/?cat_id=32

here is what I like about it

1) perfect grain

2) just the right width stripes

3) straight grain on neck and back

4) good color and great burst

5) dark even fingerboard - not wonky light striped board

6) vintage looking

Not it really that vintage looking, and the grain which looks like blotchy patches that you get on some of the lower end LPs on the left side of the body kills it off for me. I’m sure it’s a great guitar though but I hate the sort of watermarks you get on some tops

ourmaninthenorth

I'm a fan of Tom Murphy.

On this occasion however I find the price differentials between painted by and aged and painted by to be just a little bit too teeth clenching.

MikeSlub

Administrator
They are worth it IMO - this is a '59 LP Standard painted and aged by Murphy. Great guitars! :dude: :hank

2017_Gibson_LP_True_Historic_Aged_Painted_Murphy.jpg

marshall1987

This new run of Wildwood Spec/Tom Murphy painted blow me away! Simply stunning guitars with Murphy's additional specs for top carve, finish, serial number, and reinforced jack plate.

Does anyone know if Tom Murphy also does the finish buffing between lacquer coats? And what about the cherry stain pore filler for the back and neck? Does he actually do ALL of the finish steps himself? Thanks.

Must get one very soon! The lemon finish gets my BP pumped.

LuteGuy

Played a few of these during a visit to Golden this past May. Didn't pull the trigger (to date), but 8 0007 was the one that blew my mind. As good a Les Paul as I've played, from any year! Still looks available...:hmm

Last edited:

Top Gun

I bought this VOS 58' (with a 59' neck profile and 59' frets) a few months ago. It has a nice vintage look. I may be forced to put it up for sale...

80002_lg6-X2.jpg

IMG_2452-X2.jpg

Big Al

My LAWD!!!!!! Top Gun and Mr Mike, you guys are killin' me with those Fiddleback Beauties!!!!!! My favorite type figure and I've never been able to find one for myself!!!! Love the color!!!:applaude:dude::salude

Maxmc

My LAWD!!!!!! Top Gun and Mr Mike, you guys are killin' me with those Fiddleback Beauties!!!!!! My favorite type figure and I've never been able to find one for myself!!!! Love the color!!!:applaude:dude::salude
110% in agreement! Be still my beating heart!