• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Rusty Anderson's 335 in action with McCartney

GM in NJ

Macca could get anybody he wants in his band, so no surprise that this dude can play and has great tone. I think he plays some vintage and some current guitars, and last I check was using Divided by 13 amps, but maybe that's changed. Some Pete Cornish stuff on the pedal board, too (like Paul), I think...

Guitar Whiskey

That's right, Divided by13 amps and an ES335. It doesn't get much better than that; especially when you consider he's playing a vintage ES335.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I saw them live twice and have the DVD. great stuff.

A lot of the time he plays a vintage Trini Lopez or two.

OKGuitar

Whyizzit anyone would direct a video like they did "Helter Skelter? It's totally unwatchable. Great performance awful production. I've been a video director/editor for 35 years and have never seen something quite that bad. I hope they didn't do the rest of the show that way. Maybe one song you could get away with that technique but it gave me a headache within 30 seconds.

g6120

For that tune which is a bit cryptic to start with is ok but not for every tune played .

What I have a hard time watching is some of those 60s psychedelic videos now thats a bit crazy . Love the music without question but the vids with split screens are way too much for me .

angus99

I wanna know what kind of deal McCartney made with Satan to keep delivering like that at 69 . . . . and if I could get the same arrangement.

John Potter

My wife & I saw McCartney in concert when he made the Space Station phone call. Very cool. Very awesome. Also the keyboard player is the musical director and it was really amazing how he could do all the production (horns, strings, etc) to really get the music to be what we know and love from the records.

Also, I found it incredible that McCartney would actually sing his heart out and in the original keys for all his songs! How many times have we attended concerts and heard the singer 'fudge' by singing an octave lower or a harmony? Also, how often do they drop a whole step?

I heard a story (maybe true/maybe not) that someone told McCartney he could play things in a lower key and he said "You can do that?"

Guitar Whiskey

My wife & I saw McCartney in concert when he made the Space Station phone call. Very cool. Very awesome.
I was at that show also. Great show!

Also, I found it incredible that McCartney would actually sing his heart out and in the original keys for all his songs! How many times have we attended concerts and heard the singer 'fudge' by singing an octave lower or a harmony? Also, how often do they drop a whole step?
His voice is still amazing; same as it's always been.

I heard a story (maybe true/maybe not) that someone told McCartney he could play things in a lower key and he said "You can do that?"
It was Lennon who sang "You Can't Do That" haha. Seriously, shows you the amount of talent and intregity McCartney has doesn't it?

omar

Whyizzit anyone would direct a video like they did "Helter Skelter? It's totally unwatchable. Great performance awful production. I've been a video director/editor for 35 years and have never seen something quite that bad. I hope they didn't do the rest of the show that way. Maybe one song you could get away with that technique but it gave me a headache within 30 seconds.

You got that straight! Sounded great but I had to cut it off because of the video production. :nut Maybe take a few lessons from Austin City Limits?

oceantoad

Rusty's pedal board after the "Moscow" Concert..in Fullerton.
RUSTYS.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R42UuhnrIms&feature=related
not great audio..^ (Trinis>1 Red 1 Black )
Mapleflame,
I really dig this cat's playing. I used to see him in the late '80's with his band "the living daylights". He was way more "rock" and was one of those guys that inspired and depressed you at the same time 'cause he was so good.

Have you seen these clips? (more 335 action)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ayv7LixY5k&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXLiMmH5QmY

dre

Thanks , yes !

I think I was at this show in San Jose CA. They were filming it and he was wearing the same shirt. It sounds the same as I remember Killer!
wardrobe was pretty much the same each show.
Space Station phone call

...Anaheim 2005... DRIVING RAIN, BACK IN THE US , SPACE WITHIN US etc etc

Macca films them all...

Amazing man. He and that '63 Hofner (fragile?) are still in one piece,
and THEY ARE rocking tonight in Detroit...RIGHT NOW !

Rusty delivers every time , as does the rest of the band. Wix, Brian, & Abe=:headbange
14107_122292887783677_1000000889989.jpg

Put some 'stuff' together from the Hollywood Bowl 2010 and beyond > CLICKY HERE

Last edited:

sinner

I grew up with Rusty, we were in rival bands in High School. Folks here saying he's got something special going on are very right--even back then you could definitely see it.

Rusty's High School band "Eulogy" would play a great gig of mostly Bowie glam covers (with great vocals by Miles Crawley) then we'd all go to Rusty's folks house for a little party. Rusty would sit at his piano and play any song we'd call out, then teach us all the parts to play along. We'd try to trick him up and have him play some old Genesis or Yes (which my band use to do) but he had it all down.

He had a great ear and feel even as a young lad.