• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My J45 1950's reissue Original Acoustic Slide Guitar Blues

rockabilly69

Sounds like beer and cigarettes.

On a saturday night.

Followed by a 3am sunday morning whiskey dick.

I can dig it.

I've always coveted a j45.

Big girl tone with an ass like a '57 chevy.

I need one.

I actually was drinking whiskey at 3 when I recorded that :) I love J45s, this record I'm working on features my 1964 J45 on eight of the ten tracks.

afdM7Jr.jpg

Even my custom shop J45 made it on one track...

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/alll-went-wrong

Last edited:

corpse

Markus King sounds like you (notice how I phrased that).

rockabilly69

Markus King sounds like you (notice how I phrased that).
Well I think Marcus King is a fabulous player so I appreciate being mentioned in the same breath. And the way you phrased that made me smile. I spent about 4 hours on my living room couch coming up with those two guitar licks. I wanted to get the feel back that I used to love listening to when my brother would bring home albums with guys that could play the guitar, especially acoustic fingerpicking, without punching in notes to correct mistakes. So I have a gig tomorrow night and I had to practice 8 more hours just to be able to play that fingerpick lick and sing it at the same time, so Marcus King I'm not:) But I do appreciate the compliment very much!
I recorded me practicing it so I can play the slide guitar along with it and sing the harmony...

Last edited: