• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The latest Historic Makeover...

Stoj

You're going to get on just fine & make loads of friends here :troll

I just do not get why anyone would waste money on a makeover of a gibson. For the price of the guitar and makeover, you could buy 2 Orvilles by les paul that are much higher quality and quickly rising in value. Customizing guitars is like customizing cars- unless you are spending the money to make it original, you'll never get that money back out of it when you sell it.

A makeover is an extravagant rip-off targeting those that are ignorant to the other options available.

DoctorMO

Orville MY ASS!! Your guitar is stunning and you my friend aproach the guiitar with your heart and soul. Good for you and someone would be willing to pay you a lot of money for that guitar !!!

glenngross

My recent HM RDS passed muster with two owners of multiple real bursts with no financial interest in the matter. Not cheap, but no regrets...

fujifan

Les Paull Froum Member
What a great 1st post! you sure know how to make friends......not!

Like I give a fuck.

iu

fujifan

Les Paull Froum Member
O someone would be willing to pay you a lot of money for that guitar !!!

Yeah, maybe even as high as a third of what he's spent!

The guitar industry thrives on suckers, and historic makeovers are just one more example of that.

DanD

I just do not get why anyone would waste money on a makeover of a gibson.

Welcome! :salude

Fact is you don't have to understand why. Why buy a Rolex? A Ferrari? A Yacht? Lear Jet? Because you can! :yah

These folks buy these items because they can. It doesn't affect their bottom line financially as it may some others. Get over it!

I don't get it either but I'm not willing to spend that kind of cash to find out if it's worth it. There is a lot of $$$$ spent getting that last 5-10% closer to vintage spec out of these guitars. To some, where money is no object, it's an easy decision.

Some may see it as extravagant or foolish. That's OK. But it's also OK to respect those who have the cash to spend, to spend it wherever they see fit.

You really don't have to get it. But you should be tolerant of those with different opinions. :dang

Just saying... :peace2

Redhood1979

Historic Makeovers is arguably the best thing to happen to Gibson Les Pauls since perhaps since the introduction of the "Gibson Historic/Custom Shop" division.

I'm certainly not one to buy into fads (maybe pickups) but I love them. Expensive as fuck but if you have the cash then I'm all for it. I'm saving my 3K+ to get both my historics done...

Now the flip side of the coin... if you have more than one Les Paul and you only have one done by HM. You will never want to touch another regular production Les Paul. It's the equivalent of playing the Historic Line and then looking at a USA model. Night and day. Thats why I'm saving to do both at the same time.

Also, Kim is fuckin awesome! This dude has some weird agenda or is some emo kid spewing hate from his room. lol

:salude

Todd Louis

Historic Makeovers is arguably the best thing to happen to Gibson Les Pauls since perhaps since the introduction of the "Gibson Historic/Custom Shop" division.

I'm certainly not one to buy into fads (maybe pickups) but I love them. Expensive as fuck but if you have the cash then I'm all for it. I'm saving my 3K+ to get both my historics done...

Now the flip side of the coin... if you have more than one Les Paul and you only have one done by HM. You will never want to touch another regular production Les Paul. It's the equivalent of playing the Historic Line and then looking at a USA model. Night and day. Thats why I'm saving to do both at the same time.

Also, Kim is fuckin awesome! This dude has some weird agenda or is some emo kid spewing hate from his room. lol

:salude
ya emo kid.....lolololol