• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The latest Historic Makeover...

kthesheep

Adriana Lima, Excellent wallpaper:
adriana_lima_american_2.jpg

TM1

Man.. I could eat and lick her for a few months..

Last edited:

Joe Ganzler

For the record, that color is IDENTICAL to a 2-owner '59 I just got in - BRAVO!:applaude

lpjunkie

Does a Historic Makeover look just as cool with shiny stock Gibson hardware as it does with aged stuff? Just a different look? I have never seen a HM in person, which is why I ask. :hmm

bjm007

Great looker! Can we get a few of your avatar too please :)

The guitar in my avatar is an '03 Brazilian that is one of the best guitars/tops I have ever had. I'll throw up a pic or two in another thread...

That top is awesome! Bet it was worth the wait with all the mods.

The wait was definitely worth it, and it was a loooooong one. The inlays alone took months to get worked out (and that was MY issue). The whole process took about a year and I would say that it was definitely worth it.

For the record, that color is IDENTICAL to a 2-owner '59 I just got in - BRAVO!:applaude

Thanks Joe, it's definitly got an old looking vibe to it now. Dave has been working on the colors for quite a while and I think he's really nailing it at this point. I've had it out in the sun for a few days, trying to get the red to fade a bit. It's looking better every day. Dave does a great job...

Does a Historic Makeover look just as cool with shiny stock Gibson hardware as it does with aged stuff? Just a different look? I have never seen a HM in person, which is why I ask. :hmm

In my opinion, it IS the entire package of improvements and parts that make it look the way it does. To my eye, the knobs, pickguard and pickup covers are just as important as anything else to get the overall look. But that's just cosmetics... The REAL improvements come from the "tone" producing items, and they make an amazing contribution to the sound and playability of the guitar... :applaude

Last edited:

bjm007

Here's another pic from the switch side... The reds really come out when the sun is shining. Its looking more like a tea burst inside, but in the sun the red really comes on strong. :hmm

KIKASIDESW4.jpg

Last edited:

dwagar

The main thing is that it PLAYS and SOUNDS so much better than before.

I'm glad you mentioned this. IMO the tone and playability are the main reasons to send your guitar to HM.

Your guitar does look fantastic.

pinefd

Wow, that looks like a beauty! Congrats!

And let me make sure I understand this, you went with a HM BRW fingerboard, but Buzzy inlays? Is that what you were referring to above (in post #29) when you said the inlays took months to get worked out?

bjm007

Exquisite!!!:salude :headbange

Thanks Billy...

Wow, that looks like a beauty! Congrats!

And let me make sure I understand this, you went with a HM BRW fingerboard, but Buzzy inlays? Is that what you were referring to above (in post #29) when you said the inlays took months to get worked out?

Thanks Frank and you are correct, I decided to go with Buzzy's inlays during that long stretch of months when we were all waiting for Kim and Dave's new material to arrive. In the mean time Buzzy (Paul) made me some really nice sets and I wanted to put them to good use.

fujifan

Les Paull Froum Member
I just do not get why anyone would waste money on a makeover of a gibson. For the price of the guitar and makeover, you could buy 2 Orvilles by les paul that are much higher quality and quickly rising in value. Customizing guitars is like customizing cars- unless you are spending the money to make it original, you'll never get that money back out of it when you sell it.

A makeover is an extravagant rip-off targeting those that are ignorant to the other options available.

ufboy73

I just do not get why anyone would waste money on a makeover of a gibson. For the price of the guitar and makeover, you could buy 2 Orvilles by les paul that are much higher quality and quickly rising in value. Customizing guitars is like customizing cars- unless you are spending the money to make it original, you'll never get that money back out of it when you sell it.

A makeover is an extravagant rip-off targeting those that are ignorant to the other options available.

Man, thats some really pent up venom - first post....AND in a 2008 thread! Lol

markguitar

Les Paul Forum Member

Really?? You bring back a 7 year old thread to spew this bullshit in your first post :troll

gmann

What a great 1st post! you sure know how to make friends......not!

renderit

Indeed sir...

Many a Brazilian has been laid down upon that blue towel. :hmm

Here's one without her blue towel... Does that still count? :2cool

adriana-lima-008.jpg

Thanks fujifan! I forgots about that one!