• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Clark JTM 45

herb

Sorting through my photos I came across these that I would like to share. Mike Clark is a master. I believe he does some of the cleanest wiring out there. The second amp is his 5E7 Bandmaster replica, the Tyger.

IMG_3134
IMG_3127
IMG_4091 IMG_4107

Keefoman

Very cool! Here`s a gut shot of my Ceriatone JTM 45 `66 clone. :)

36384169816_a3300495b2_b.jpg

36384169926_b7f54fc2c6_b.jpg

Keefoman

I see that your amp also uses the KT66 poweramp tubes. I think those sound better than the 5881's that's in the Marshall reissue of the JTM 45.

herb

I see that your amp also uses the KT66 poweramp tubes. I think those sound better than the 5881's that's in the Marshall reissue of the JTM 45.

If your directing that at me I never have tried anything else. I only use this amp on occasion as I am mainly a Fender amp guy. My grab and go amp has been a Carr Rambler for several years. Feel I must have at least one Marshall type amp in the herd, though, so I've held onto this one. It's a great sounding amp. :peace2

Keefoman

If your directing that at me I never have tried anything else. I only use this amp on occasion as I am mainly a Fender amp guy. My grab and go amp has been a Carr Rambler for several years. Feel I must have at least one Marshall type amp in the herd, though, so I've held onto this one. It's a great sounding amp. :peace2

I see:salude If it sounds as good as my Ceriatone, you are right about holding on to it! :)

Texas Blues

I have 2 Clarks.

A 5F1 Lil Bit.

With a p90 Les Paul.

It sounds like dirty blonde twin sisters.

That own a chain of liquor stores.

I also have a 5E3 Beaufort Special.

It sounds like a 20 year old Raquel Welch.

Runnin' round.

With no panty's on.

My other amplificadores.

Even my 2204.

Are dust collectors.

rockabilly69

I have 2 Clarks.

A 5F1 Lil Bit.

With a p90 Les Paul.

It sounds like dirty blonde twin sisters.

That own a chain of liquor stores.

I also have a 5E3 Beaufort Special.

It sounds like a 20 year old Raquel Welch.

Runnin' round.

With no panty's on.

My other amplificadores.

Even my 2204.

Are dust collectors.

I've got a Clark Amplification Beaufort Premium and I love it...

Here's a recording of the L5s with it and a Hermida reverb pedal... https://soundcloud.com/daniel-weldon-1/tweed-love

FBprC5G.jpg

sonar

I used his power transformer iron in my 5E3 build, replacing a Classictone. I never got that amp to sound right with a true PT clone. The voltage correction Clark PT made a huge difference with the feel and tone in my 5E3. He might have been one of the first to figure out Tweed clones need PT voltage correction. It sure beats lugging a variac around.

The gold Jensen caps look cool, but are probably a bit overkill.