• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Vintage Gibson fest at the Grammys

John Smolakis

cn_image.size.musicares-dave-paul.jpg

Last edited:

sillytele

Wow.....that was quick!
Brooose could not bring it with his Tele, Gibsons did rule tonight.

27sauce

I could have sworn Grohl was playing a vintage Trini Lopez.

Y

yeti

I could have sworn Grohl was playing a vintage Trini Lopez.

I think you're right but I think McCartneys guitarist plays a blonde 335, was he a part of this? I couldn't make it that far, the Grammy's are really hard to endure these days.

27sauce

I think you're right but I think McCartneys guitarist plays a blonde 335, was he a part of this? I couldn't make it that far, the Grammy's are really hard to endure these days.

Correct, I only said so because in that pic hes holding his modern signature Trini.

dwagar

Don't forget Bonnie Raitt's ES175 (I think that's what it was)

DHBucker

I skipped most of the show other than Adele's performance and the jam with Macca. I feel she is a great artist even in the present climate of pop music and the BS that is put out.
It was so cool to see Dave Grohl behind Paul singing "and in the end..the love you take...is equal to the love....you make." Macca can still bring it and his band is top notch. A wonderful thing to see during a "popularity contest" that has little to do with what "I" see as true artistry.

JRW8214@AOL.COM

Steven Van Zandt was in the crowd. Why was Bruce up there and he wasnt? And i wonder if he cringed whenever Bruce would try(notice i said try) to play a lead. I did. lol

garywright

It was so cool to see Dave Grohl behind Paul singing "and in the end..the love you take...is equal to the love....you make."

yes, Grohl just had to get his face in there during Paul's close-up moment. ...I was surprised that the Beach Boys guitarist had an LP rather than a Fender.

Dire Wolf

Maca and Joe made up for that sleeper, My Favorite, from earlier in the show. Get back to rockin' boys; that's what we want to hear! :dude:

MapleFlame

Yeah Rusty's 59 Blond 335 is one of the best sounding guitars I have heard live. I agree, that there were several vintage Gibsons. Don't forget that Duo where the guy had a early 50's L F-hole something with a self put in pickup/volume/tone control. That one sounded cool. They actually panned to the ground to show his pedal board.

DHBucker

yes, Grohl just had to get his face in there during Paul's close-up moment. ...I was surprised that the Beach Boys guitarist had an LP rather than a Fender.

Aw man, I don't think he was trying to steal Paul's thunder (that's impossible IMHO). I think he was just hyped and happy to play the tune and was feeling it. Well...at least that was I vibe I got when watching it.

Hetfieldinn

Les Paul Froum Member
Steven Van Zandt was in the crowd. Why was Bruce up there and he wasnt? And i wonder if he cringed whenever Bruce would try(notice i said try) to play a lead. I did. lol

Towards the beginning of the show, Steven was right up there with Bruce, sharing the mic during the chorus, as they usually do.

Was the sound snaffu during Kate Perry's song, which lead to a different song planned? I thought the chick that was 'supposed' to be Perry at the opning of the song appeared a lot heavier than she is. The lights went out, and Perry was in a cage, suspended form the ceiling.

mingus

Wow. Paul with a burst, Rusty with a blonde dot neck and Brian Ray with what appears to be a vintage GT.

Here's the ending medley: Macca at 2012 Grammys

Bruce? :bigal

bern1

Thanks for posting Mingus, I thought it was great, Bruce too! Cool vintage fest.