• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

UNDER THE BED: 1960 Burst discovery [needs authentication, looks legit]

treyrab

Looks legit to me! I'm sure many know the SN at this point -- Definitely an undocumented one. The guitar looks legit. Hopefully the finder is!

AA00475Bassman

That would be like finding a Ferrari 250 GTO in your grandpa's garage.................... wrapped in a blanket!:)
You're comparing a 48 million dollar car ? 36 in total series 1 & 2 .

Disclaimer : 250 GTO find & sale in any form would go a long way , A Burst is pan drippings, bad analogy .
Are there any 250's on the market today ? 8 burst's or so on the market now some have been on the market for months !

Last edited:

BURSTGANG

Disclaimer : 250 GTO find & sale in any form would go a long way , A Burst is pan drippings, bad analegie .
Are there any 250's on the market today ? 8 burst's or so on the market now some have been on the market for months !
Certainly not so much as far as actual worth price of course [tens of millions/hundreds of thousands] and not even in terms of numbers made.......................but to find something this spectacular to the people who love these guitars I don't think it is less of a "WOW" factor....................I disagree with the "PAN DRIPPINGS" analogy............certainly for a guitarist who loves Gibson Les Paul guitars.

guitplayer

Wow!! looks like it had been awhile since some current was run thru that.:salude

DANELECTRO

Disclaimer : 250 GTO find & sale in any form would go a long way , A Burst is pan drippings, bad analegie .

The owner of a company I use to work for has a 1964 250 GTO that he kept in a bay just on the other side of the wall from my office. Had he kept a ‘burst in there, I would have snuck in when nobody was around to play that sucker.:spabout

F-Hole

Seller now has a website up.......he's asking $230k for the guitar, which is, IMHO, way above market for a late 60, uncirculated or not.

Any premium for it being uncirculated is well and truly gone, again IMHO. I bid $180k, which I thought was all the money..........guess I was wrong.

cds1951

Seller now has a website up.......he's asking $230k for the guitar, which is, IMHO, way above market for a late 60, uncirculated or not.

Any premium for it being uncirculated is well and truly gone, again IMHO. I bid $180k, which I thought was all the money..........guess I was wrong.

Why would it be labeled uncirculated now? Just curious as to how that applies when the guitar is still in finders hands.

GuitarMikey

What's the website?

Truss Rob

What others have found under the bed would be utterly disturbing . This is one of the better feel good guitar story finds I've seen in a while ..

Billy Porter

I've 3 thoughts on this:

1: it would be so funny if this was an elaborate scam - anyone verified it in person yet ?
2: the back-story of the pub sounds like an episode of the Simpsons . Rustie's Tavern LOL- sorry - just a northern British sense of humour thing :dang
3: it all seems a bit sad that it's being touted about. Would have been nice if the guy was a musician and put some decent tuners on it, kept it and played it.

Just my personal thoughts

:couch

F-Hole

Why would it be labeled uncirculated now?

Same family as the original owner (being sold by his grandson), not owned by any other third party.....ergo, it's uncirculated.

Counterpoint would be something like Carmalita.....which has had, perhaps, ten owners since being originally sold. That's "circulated".