• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

9 1259

garywright

the 9 1259 Julio shows on his site is a match to what was sent to me 44 years ago ...I never held or seen the guitar in person, so it could very well have been a refin but the grain and wear were a match to present day pix

F-Hole

the 9 1259 Julio shows on his site is a match to what was sent to me 44 years ago ...I never held or seen the guitar in person, so it could very well have been a refin but the grain and wear were a match to present day pix

It's interesting, because the photos I have of the VB guitar are from 1972. The owner at the time is very well known and respected, and has owned some of the most iconic 'bursts of all time. It came with the original bill of sale, from 1961.

I haven't seen the Dutch guitar in person either, but I'm told by somebody who has that it's a refin.

As for the Japanese book guitar.........who knows.

Last edited:

sws1

There's a very long thread on the other forum about someone who was going to buy this guitar, including a hands on inspection saying it was a top refin, and that there was some overspray on the headstock.

F-Hole

There's a very long thread on the other forum about someone who was going to buy this guitar, including a hands on inspection saying it was a top refin, and that there was some overspray on the headstock.

The view of the person I know inspected it is that the serial is reinked too.

Oh, and if reference to the thread at the other place, that's not where the story ends.......but that's for Gregory and Eric to discuss.

Last edited:

garywright

a good ole fashioned bone-rattling of 1259 indeed ...intuition tells me there lurks some tomfoolery here

ourmaninthenorth

Intuition tells me there's definitely a story here...the true nature of which hasn't quite revealed itself yet...

garywright

Hopefully ( with John's permission ) ...TW will host the not yet seen pix of the VB 1259 taken in 1972

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I sent you an email photo of the guitar last week Tom.

If people think the one on burstserial is straight, then good luck.

Hopefully ( with John's permission ) ...TW will host the not yet seen pix of the VB 1259 taken in 1972

John,
I haven't gotten an email from you in three weeks, and no photos in that or any other emails this year. :wah

Why not just post it?

ourmaninthenorth

Could you PM me the link Scott? I simply can't be bothered trawling through that place..it hurts me head.

ourmaninthenorth

which now involves a possible three 1259s as well as a mystery email

I think the Japanese book one is a red herring...a simple typo mistake on the number. Unless of course there are other shots in the publication that show the numbered headstock..at which point my sleuthing skills turn to shit...:hee

So we're back down to 2, perhaps...? I'm still trawling through the narrative from the place that dare not speak it's name.

The mystery e-mail...all e-mails remain a bloody mystery to me...:laugh2:

Wot larks.

ourmaninthenorth

images

images

These are the images that Gary posted a couple of years ago, but now missing from the thread due to the photobucket thing.

Merely thought it interesting and relevant to get them back up.

F-Hole

John,
I haven't gotten an email from you in three weeks, and no photos in that or any other emails this year. :wah

Why not just post it?

It's not my photo, simple as that. I believe it's coming out in Vic's new book.

Tom, I sent the photo to the same account you've always been on. I'll try again, but please don't share. I know others won't thank me, but it's simply not mine to make public domain.

david plues

It's not my photo, simple as that. I believe it's coming out in Vic's new book.

Tom, I sent the photo to the same account you've always been on. I'll try again, but please don't share. I know others won't thank me, but it's simply not mine to make public domain.

I can confirm the 9-1259 I posted will not be appearing in BB4