• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: 2019 Junior

sliberty

I love Juniors. I played one of these new ones at a local GC, and would have walked out with it if I didn’t already have a VOS. Great neck, and looked amazing. There is nothing like a P90 / wraptail combination. Enjoy it - I know you will.

Wattage

I did a quick fret polish, conditioned the board and ran to rehearsal with it last night

It just sounds HUGE.

The frets are beautifully dressed, the board was a little dry, frets are a more vintage profile. The wiring was neat and clean (big OD cap), the finish appears flawless. It looks like a 2 piece body, center joined, nice weight to it, probably ~8.5 lbs.

Only changes I'll make are larger strap pins and a plain black truss rod cover. I expect to put a lot of miles on this ride.

Last edited:

jrgtr42

So drooling over those - played a vintage one years ago and it's still the sounds I'm chasing.
Now to figure out how to get permission from SWMBO. No way I'd be able to sneak it past her. She knows my collection too well, and is too
observant to put one past.

Big Al

I did a quick fret polish, conditioned the board and ran to rehearsal with it last night

It just sounds HUGE.

The frets are beautifully dressed, the board was a little dry, frets are a more vintage profile. The wiring was neat and clean (big OD cap), the finish appears flawless. It looks like a 2 piece body, center joined, nice weight to it, probably 8.5-9 lbs.

Only changes I'll make are larger strap pins and a plain black truss rod cover. I expect to put a lot of miles on this ride.

I love it! HUGE Jr fan, and it's about time for a proper Jr in the USA line. Needs gold bonnet knobs. How's the neck profile?

Wattage

I love it! HUGE Jr fan, and it's about time for a prop,er Jr in the USA line. Needs gold bonnet knobs. How's the neck profile?

Nice n' chunky! I'm sure there are larger but this is a full on 50's style neck.

If I switch to gold I am probably going with speed knobs like my old Jr, we'll see, it is definitely in the realm of possibilty.

I used it again tonight with my main band and finally got it thru my Orange, I was thrilled with it.

Windup 43

Mine came in this week, just fantastic all the way around!

Attachments

• 91EC700D-3492-46D0-96A4-63D89AC75E00.jpg
    91EC700D-3492-46D0-96A4-63D89AC75E00.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 45

Garyinboston

H

Hello there all the new Les Paul Jr. owners.

Years ago I went looking for a sunburst and and I ended up with TV model which while the ugly duckling of Jr,'s turned out to be the most collectable . Anyway I still wanted a sunburst and these little gems popped up.

It appears from these posts they are a winner.

I have a couple of questions

My TV is pretty light weight 7.5 lbs or so are these tending to be light-ish because my back isn't what it use to be.

Is the finish thick or thin ?

My TV's finish is thin, not wood grain feeling thin but thin with the exception of the neck (where most of the wear happens)

The frets, my TV is a 57' and has the small frets. What are the frets like on these, I'm hoping bigger.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Gary

Wattage

Mine weighs in at right about 8lbs maybe a hair under.

Frets are advertised as med jumbo but they are smaller than any other med jumbos I own. I wouldn't think the finish is especially thick, certainly not by current standards.

Garyinboston

Mine weighs in at right about 8lbs maybe a hair under.

Frets are advertised as med jumbo but they are smaller than any other med jumbos I own. I wouldn't think the finish is especially thick, certainly not by current standards.

Thanks!

Enjoy that Jr. !

Gary

Windup 43

I agree, the frets aren’t as big as other medium jumbos on other Gibsons I own...not tiny, but more vintage feeling and you can feel more of the fretboard when playing. Very chunky neck, mine is 7.10 pounds, perfect weight for me. The finish doesn’t feel particularly thick, very well done and smells great too! :D

Garyinboston

I agree, the frets aren’t as big as other medium jumbos on other Gibsons I own...not tiny, but more vintage feeling and you can feel more of the fretboard when playing. Very chunky neck, mine is 7.10 pounds, perfect weight for me. The finish doesn’t feel particularly thick, very well done and smells great too! :D

Good to know guys thanks and enjoy those Jr's

Gary