• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Photos from Fort Worth 2019

4string

https://paularthur.smugmug.com/organize/Fort-Worth-2019/Burst

Shared a ride to the show Saturday with one of the dealers. He was there Friday for load-in and described the atmosphere as "low energy" It was a smaller show in part because Fuller did not bring their usual inventory. That resulted in an entire row being empty. Not a huge selection of stuff as the photos indicate. There may have been a 1957 Gold Top walk-in Saturday afternoon. Saw it briefly, then it and the owner disappeared. Case had "Johnny" stenciled on it.

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
As always, thanks for your photographic efforts! Thanks also for creating the separate categories of pics for each pub! :dude:

sws1

Thanks. That Heritage auction burst looks more "normal" in your photo than it does in the auction photos.

goldtop0

Thanks 4string............year after year a good lot of pics:salude

Good to see Terry Mueller's stand and the Moonburst on Tom's.
That '58 has always fascinated me and I've not seen it in person. Like 8 5388 it's got a most distinctive top.

Mieko8

https://paularthur.smugmug.com/organize/Fort-Worth-2019/Burst

Shared a ride to the show Saturday with one of the dealers. He was there Friday for load-in and described the atmosphere as "low energy" It was a smaller show in part because Fuller did not bring their usual inventory. That resulted in an entire row being empty. Not a huge selection of stuff as the photos indicate. There may have been a 1957 Gold Top walk-in Saturday afternoon. Saw it briefly, then it and the owner disappeared. Case had "Johnny" stenciled on it.

It hasn’t been the same since they moved from Arlington. Different vibe. No disrespect to Fort Worth, but it’s like seeing a great new film in a shitty old theater. The show has lost that loving feeling, but I’ll still go each year. The highlight for me was seeing Tom. He let me hold his GI 56 Les Paul and I was shocked at how much I loved it. Now I know why Tom loves it too. I’d choose it over any other guitar and if I owned it, I’d sell the rest. It’s all you need. Tom, if you ever sell it, call me first! ❤️

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
It hasn’t been the same since they moved from Arlington. Different vibe. No disrespect to Fort Worth, but it’s like seeing a great new film in a shitty old theater. The show has lost that loving feeling, but I’ll still go each year. The highlight for me was seeing Tom. He let me hold his GI 56 Les Paul and I was shocked at how much I loved it. Now I know why Tom loves it too. I’d choose it over any other guitar and if I owned it, I’d sell the rest. It’s all you need. Tom, if you ever sell it, call me first! ❤️

Great to see you. It was fun talking Les Pauls to so many people.
G.I. Paul is staying with me to the end. :)

Mieko8

Great to see you. It was fun talking Les Pauls to so many people.
G.I. Paul is staying with me to the end. :)

Hi Tom, it was really great to see you too!! I look forward to seeing you more than all the guitars combined. Please bring GI Paul again sometime. It was breathtaking. I’d keep it until the end as well. It’s special. Thanks again for your kindness! I’ll see you in May in Dallas!!

martie6621

Good to see some friends at the show on Sunday but it was indeed a "low energy" show compared to those in past years. Sorry but don't shoot the messenger. The hall was not as full of vendors as seen in the large empty space margins on the perimeters of the hall space. Arlington used to fill a hall that large as well as the 2nd carpeted room and sometimes even a 3rd room was used for booths. A sign of the times I suppose? Guitar shows are changing. Some of the big vendors like Fullers would take a large spot with tons of Gibsons etc, but it seems with each show, there are fewer booths. I wish it was like the "old days" for the shows but they may be waning. Hope not but afraid it's true. Not the fault of the promoters but the location change from Arlington may be a factor also. i know FW used to be one of the hubs but for 30 some years Arlington was "it."
I will be there no matter what but it's not as much fun now.

......Flame jacket on for incoming.........:)

Mieko8

Good to see some friends at the show on Sunday but it was indeed a "low energy" show compared to those in past years. Sorry but don't shoot the messenger. The hall was not as full of vendors as seen in the large empty space margins on the perimeters of the hall space. Arlington used to fill a hall that large as well as the 2nd carpeted room and sometimes even a 3rd room was used for booths. A sign of the times I suppose? Guitar shows are changing. Some of the big vendors like Fullers would take a large spot with tons of Gibsons etc, but it seems with each show, there are fewer booths. I wish it was like the "old days" for the shows but they may be waning. Hope not but afraid it's true. Not the fault of the promoters but the location change from Arlington may be a factor also. i know FW used to be one of the hubs but for 30 some years Arlington was "it."

No need for a shield. You are spot on correct and accurate. I too enjoyed it, but it wasn’t the same. The change of venue and fewer vendors. Not much magic. Also, not the typical selections and choices. I didn’t walk out of there wanting to get a second mortgage on my home!

Midnight Blues

Thanks for sharing 4string!

cheers.gif

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner

The Fort Worth Hall is larger than Arlington was.

And believe me, the Amigos would never have left Arlington if they weren't forced out. [thanks to Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys owner :ganz]

martie6621

The Fort Worth Hall is larger than Arlington was.

And believe me, the Amigos would never have left Arlington if they weren't forced out. [thanks to Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys owner :ganz]

Tom, I thought the city of Arlington repurposed the convention center for gaming. I Didn't like the decision and like it even less if Jerry was behind it :) . That said, the FW hall is not bigger than the combined Sq ' of both of the former rooms at Arlington. I can think of quite a few old regulars that do not do FW. Fullers is only one but the players change as things evolve in guitar land. I think the early October dates don't help the FW locale. Lots of factors at play. Will continue to support it and wish the Amigos well.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Tom, I thought the city of Arlington repurposed the convention center for gaming. I Didn't like the decision and like it even less if Jerry was behind it :) . That said, the FW hall is not bigger than the combined Sq ' of both of the former rooms at Arlington. I can think of quite a few old regulars that do not do FW. Fullers is only one but the players change as things evolve in guitar land. I think the early October dates don't help the FW locale. Lots of factors at play. Will continue to support it and wish the Amigos well.

It's the story that my friends who are regulars and exhibitors pieced out from several comments. Maybe they felt Jerry influenced the decision.

As to the size, again what we were told.

And believe me, I know of no one who wouldn't rather be back in the old Arlington Convention Hall [as it was, or improved].
It just isn't possible.

As to what else is possible? :hmm
I have no idea. :dang

And if it's there next year, I am sure I will be there. Still a great show. I had a blast and did well in my minimal sales [5 of 10].
I go for the fun, and it still is. :jim

david plues

just a thought - if the quiet room at arlington was available - perhaps a scaled down show would be ok - dealers would need to sacrifice tables etc - table cost would probably rise to compensate the business side of things. My trips to Arlington were special and i loved meeting all the guys etc. I am sure the amigos have considered this and dont mean to be disrespecful in their decision to move.

Rev.WillieVK

Is the photo link down? Just tried it and 'Page Not Found'.

FWIW - I was told that the local sports group (baseball stadium, football stadium, local park & buildings) told the Convention Center 'If you dump all of your current contracts, we will make it worth your while and do a big long-term deal'.

The Amigos found this out in February/March 2018 and had to find a new location ASAP.

Unfortunately, apparently, FW is just too far away for some of the Dallas public regulars. IMO, YMMV :salude

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
just a thought - if the quiet room at arlington was available - perhaps a scaled down show would be ok - dealers would need to sacrifice tables etc - table cost would probably rise to compensate the business side of things. My trips to Arlington were special and i loved meeting all the guys etc. I am sure the amigos have considered this and dont mean to be disrespecful in their decision to move.

The building is not available, at all. And, I believe much of it [maybe all of it] has been remodeled and is quite different now.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Paul, once again we are indebted to you for the wonderful photos of these shows. :dude:

While I saw you several times, I didn't get the chance to talk. I hope to next time! :salude