• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Calling all Page 1275 owners.... We have a situation...

fjminor

Does the Ernie Ball Electric 12 String pack work out length wise for the Page 1275???..anyone....?:ganz :wah

fjminor

I'm trying to figure that myself... Next time I'm at GC I'll get a set.

Thanks ...:dude:

I sent an email to Dean from Snake Oil Brand Strings to see if they can gather a 12 string set for Electric - with longer than usual string length. I will post answer when available.

Browneyes

I sent an email to Dean from Snake Oil Brand Strings to see if they can gather a 12 string set for Electric - with longer than usual string length. I will post answer when available.

That would be a huge help. Thanks.

Dalbergia_nigra

Noted....I think most Guitarists connection to the 1275 is through Jimmy....there are a ton of other famous players using this guitar...!!:headbange

I think Alex Lifeson used to play an EDS1275 live. Wasn't there a pic of him with a white one with the live album "All the World's A Stage"?

Locally (Austin), Gordie Johnson of the band Grady plays a 1275. A couple years ago, the band rode on a parade float and he was jamming away on his doubleneck. Now that was cool!

http://dougorama.net/concert/grady.htm

Sorry... now where was it that I can get strings for my page 1275??

Dalbergia_nigra

Whats wrong with moving the Tails?

Oops, sorry... thought you were kidding... :wah Are there studs under the tp's on a 1275 or do the screws just anchor in the wood? If it's the latter, I suppose one could move the tp toward the bridge. But considering the price of the JP version, I'd rather go g-string less...:rofl

Todd Louis

Oops, sorry... thought you were kidding... :wah Are there studs under the tp's on a 1275 or do the screws just anchor in the wood? If it's the latter, I suppose one could move the tp toward the bridge. But considering the price of the JP version, I'd rather go g-string less...:rofl
G String less... Ummm that might work :) :applaude

Well if it became a problem to find strings I would do it I don't care about the price you have to be abel to play it right ..

Oh And I KNOW Why the Tail is so fare back!!!!

fjminor

Got an answer from Dean - He has already supplied someone with a Jimmy Page 1275 a 12 string set. He can do these special 12-string sets with no problem. He will need to quote price based on qty, it may be somewhat costly, but the strings are well worth it, especially on a 12 string. :dude:

Browneyes

That's awesome FJ!!! Thanks for your help buddy. Maybe I can get a Biz discount too.... maybe that will help. E-mail me his info please. Maybe I can get better prices through Snakebite.

StuartC

I think Alex Lifeson used to play an EDS1275 live. Wasn't there a pic of him with a white one with the live album "All the World's A Stage"?

Locally (Austin), Gordie Johnson of the band Grady plays a 1275. A couple years ago, the band rode on a parade float and he was jamming away on his doubleneck. Now that was cool!

http://dougorama.net/concert/grady.htm

Sorry... now where was it that I can get strings for my page 1275??

The first reason I got my (non-page) Double-neck was after seeing Slash playing one both in the GnR days and also in Velvet Revolver. They did a great version of Wish You Were Here when I saw them earlier this year and that sealed it for me!!
In my band I use it for Wanted Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi, and Knockin' On Heavens Door.

Todd Louis

That was neat. Page is briliant when he's on, but otherwise his playing is so inconsistent... like in this vid. The look on Clapton's face when Page is soloing seems to say..."what the fuck are you trying to play Jimmy?".
Verry true Not Jimmy's Best at all.....

That Bend....OHHHH NO... that Bend...:wah :wah :wah

Still that man is good even when he fucks up ... :applaude :applaude