• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Jeff Beck's "Yardbird" burst

Yannick333

Small update:

Antonini_zpsd33b48e1.jpg

Etosser

That "Let me love you" riff sounds so lo-mid dirty growling I'm surprised it's an AC30..

I've always thought the same thing. Even with a Marshall Supa to thicken things a bit. I've tried with my MKII, and it doesn't quite get there. Normal input perhaps?

Ad_02Std

I think the AC30-in-a-cupboard was used on Beck's Bolero, which was recorded a full two years before the rest of Truth. The rest of that album sounds like a Marshall to me.

JRW8214@AOL.COM

Truth is all AC30, stuffed into a cupboard. Beck's Bolero is the only track on that album that doesnt have that muffled tone. Jeff didnt get his Marshalls until after Truth was recorded.

JRW8214@AOL.COM

Damn Yannick that really does sound like it! Is it me or was the Fulltone Plimsoul pedal modeled after Jeff's tone from that time?

Yannick333

Damn Yannick that really does sound like it! Is it me or was the Fulltone Plimsoul pedal modeled after Jeff's tone from that time?

I do think that the Plimsoul name was a wink to the Jeff Beck tone of that era! :dude: The Plimsoul has been on my board for more than a year now and it isn't going anywhere! It's a very versatile pedal that can go from tubescreamer to ocd in a jiffy!