• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Damn....had to sell my baby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILBERT

Enjoyed your photography, philbert. Agree with your post too - it's all going the same way in England too. I just wonder how much people will take before they just go out and take it for themselves?

I've done the all-spaghettii diet too, and baked spuds at several points in my life - that really tests your inventiveness!!

Thank you. I don't regret the experience at all. And I did hear that about England. We are all in the same boat. Can't a guy have a little pleasure...like a guitar...anymore? Over here they want your gold, as well...for a profit, you know. It is going to get messy, and they will lose, but don't let them brainwash you with hate propaganda! They want to divide us, so they can have us kill one another! I don't buy into that crap at all. I buy guitars...not guns. :biggrin:

58Lover

Thanks guys. Had 5 LPs until the last few years. Had to sell them and 5 other collectible guitars in the 4 years thanks to the credit crunch trying keep my music accessories company afloat - all for naught as the company went under last year. Like throwing each one out a 5 story window...

But I had the 2 LPs that I vowed never to sell (that's what I said about my '72 Medallion Firebird V) ... but the little heart scare late last year really put a dent on my finances...it was either sell Brownie, or go into foreclosure....

I still have "Patty Lou", a '01 '58 RI, and that one WILL never be sold, named after my deceased Mother... and a couple of cheapies...

But losing Brownie does sting....

Black58

I've done the all-spaghettii diet too, and baked spuds at several points in my life - that really tests your inventiveness!!

I heard that! .. Currently on the chicken-flavored Ramen one, myself. :rolleyes:

.. gettin' warmer here, though; Soon, the chives 'll be growin' back, out on the ledge.
Spice! .. WHOOOPIE!! :dude:

Musicman

It sucks but you're not alone. Plenty of people have fallen on hard times lately so hang in there.

Pat Boyack

3 Kids and we can't afford health insurance because it would literally eat up 80% of my wife's paycheck. But thank God we don't live in Canada or France. :fc

Big Al

I know your pain. Back in 85 I was forced to sell most of my vintage guitars to cover back to back surgeries . Right before the prices went stupid. I got low balled as I had to sell, and when I could buy replacements I found that they had gone up 10 to 20X the price I got. WTF!!! I found alternates I like as much and life goes on. Now it has happened again. I hope you can sort out the health issue. That is the main thing. Gear is just gear and in the end I have found that it is easy to find good replacements for treasured things. HEALTH trumps WEALTH. I know this all to well. I can only wish you good health, and I most heartily wish that for you. I am not a man of health or wealth I'm afraid, but if there is something within my ability to help you with I would gladly do so. Email me. It may take awhile for me to answer as I am waiting on surgery for a Historic Makeover and new truss rod install on my own person very soon. I have stuff. If any of my stuff can help let me know.

58Lover

Ah Al, known here on the board since I got on back in the days I was at Gibson..awfully big of you (hence your nickname!), but I think I can speak for all when I say we're all glad you've hung in there.

Big Al

I'm serious! I wish you good health with every positive vibe I can muster. As for stuff it's just stuff, email me brother, maybe I can make you smile.

frazettafan

I heard that! .. Currently on the chicken-flavored Ramen one, myself. :rolleyes:

.. gettin' warmer here, though; Soon, the chives 'll be growin' back, out on the ledge.
Spice! .. WHOOOPIE!! :dude:

:rofl

Chives.....can save lives!!! :jim

gypsyseven

Sad to read that this happenend to you....I hope all the best and wish you a better future!

joemags54

" I am waiting on surgery for a Historic Makeover and new truss rod install on my own person very soon. I have stuff. If any of my stuff can help let me know".
...............I'm wondering if Kim is going to do the work..:jim :biggrin:
May I wish both of you a prayerful "Get Well".

TM1

My wife & I pay in excess of $1400. A month to Anthem/ Blue Cross. In 2000 that same health coverage was $330. a month for better coverage that we have now. We had a $1500. Deductible then.. Now we had to go with the $5000. a year deductible & and that's per person. Co-pay' went from $30. To $45. and the prescriptions went way up as well... Friggin' thieves!!!
Scott, meant to call you as we played in Elgin, Il. last night @ECC.

grimlyflick

Sorry to hear about your loss. A combination of no gigs due to parting with our "chemically imbalanced" singer, an overtime freeze at work and coming out of Xmas skint coupled with having to pay out to keep my car on the road mean't I just recently had to sell my Dan Armstrong. :dang

At least I managed to keep my LP's.

:salude

frazettafan

Sorry to hear about your loss. A combination of no gigs due to parting with our "chemically imbalanced" singer, an overtime freeze at work and coming out of Xmas skint coupled with having to pay out to keep my car on the road mean't I just recently had to sell my Dan Armstrong. :dang

At least I managed to keep my LP's.

:salude

But you still got some nice gear, Grimly.

BTW, What do you make of the 'Bad Monkey' overdrive? I borrowed one for some gigs last summer (I wanted a different tone to my OCD on some songs) and I thought it was a pretty good pedal for the money?

plexi69

Look! You didn't go to school, you don't have a good career, you don't have a good trade, you don't have a good job. These are the results of choices YOU made, not the fault of society. Stop blaming others for your problems and take responsibilty for your self.

Pat Boyack

Ah, who are you talking....or rather posting too, Plexi? I mean, you are making some serious assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.