• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

UK LPF MEET III _ 20th January 2018.

Steve62

I confirm that myself and Jules have purchased train tickets and will be venturing north to sunny Stockport
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Not up to the standards of others on here but I was minded to crudely record something in anticipation of the meet
Enjoy or not Lol
R9-Pro Junior-Looper-Samsung voice recorder
https://soundcloud.com/user-891307883/steves-blues

ourmaninthenorth

I confirm that myself and Jules have purchased train tickets and will be venturing north to sunny Stockport
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Not up to the standards of others on here but I was minded to crudely record something in anticipation of the meet
Enjoy or not Lol
R9-Pro Junior-Looper-Samsung voice recorder
https://soundcloud.com/user-891307883/steves-blues

Don't you be bringing any of that lovely soulful playing up here ya wrong un....:hee

Same sketch as before Steve, someone (Mat) will pick you both up at the station.

See you in a couple of weeks, safe journey Mates.

2002standardmat

Don't you be bringing any of that lovely soulful playing up here ya wrong un....:hee

Same sketch as before Steve, someone (Mat) will pick you both up at the station.

Aye, happy to do pickups from Stockport station for anyone coming by rail.

Traffic should be a shadow of its former, horrendous, self and no pit stops necessary this time - all equals more playing time. :yah

I'll PM my number to anyone who needs it and then just shoot me a message when you are there or nearby, the venue is only a few minutes away.

And if you play your cards right, we might even do you a 'pack up' for the train home.

:)

ourmaninthenorth

Traffic should be a shadow of its former, horrendous, self and no pit stops necessary this time - all equals more playing time. :yah

I'll PM my number to anyone who needs it and then just shoot me a message when you are there or nearby, the venue is only a few minutes away.

And if you play your cards right, we might even do you a 'pack up' for the train home.

Just e-mailed you bud, with news from the front...

Steve62

Hi Mat, we will gladly accept your offer of a lift from the station, drop me a PM with your number, if I recall correctly and trains run to time we should be landing at Stockport at 11.55

Steve

Steve62

Why thank you, but you really must get your hearing seen to :spabout

See you there

Steve

springhead

I don't know that I've ever had a pack-up. I'm genuinely excited!

See you all soon, thanks for the lift offer Mat, that'll be perfect.

Jules

Jon Brook

I can guarantee i will be the "crappiest" player there ..not played "live" for years ..last time was at the "Bowling Green" in Stockport if any of you locals remember it ...

ourmaninthenorth

I can guarantee i will be the "crappiest" player there ..not played "live" for years ..last time was at the "Bowling Green" in Stockport if any of you locals remember it ...

Jon, it'll take you all of 5 minutes to realise that doesn't matter a jot...I'm not even the best guitar player in our house..and I'm the only guitar player in our house.

:biggrin:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
So this must be the function you wanted the 3000 Guineas for.
Will you barbecue them? :hmm

2002standardmat

Which Bowling Green, Jon? There were a few which are sadly all gone now.

I got back on the ‘live’ horse last year after a 20+ year break, it was a right laugh! After the nerves went....

Dont worry about your playing, there is no Grand Jury. :dude:

ourmaninthenorth

For those of you who haven't been to Pear Mill before - you can load in as follows....

When you arrive on site, drive around the back and there's a large carpark on the back left hand side of the building.

Access to to the service lift is to the immediate right of the Pear Mill Cycle shop on the back side of the building.

Take the the lift to the 6th floor and please remember to close the lift doors after yourself.

Doors will be open at 12 noon, kettle will be on 12.01. Mat, Richard and I will be tuning the doughnuts up by 12.15.

Safe journey everyone, see you all on the 20th

IGP2079a-20.11.2012-cropped.jpg

springhead

All sounds like a top plan Paul. How about a contribution for catering and other costs? I'm happy to chip in for the tea, doughnuts, Bovril, jars of Shipmans meat paste etc.

ourmaninthenorth

All sounds like a top plan Paul. How about a contribution for catering and other costs? I'm happy to chip in for the tea, doughnuts, Bovril, jars of Shipmans meat paste etc.

A typically gracious offer Jules, but this is on Us.

And a right old pleasure it is too...:salude

T.Allen

What in the hell do you lads consume over there?! :wow

Reno_1ted

For those of you who haven't been to Pear Mill before - you can load in as follows....

When you arrive on site, drive around the back and there's a large carpark on the back left hand side of the building.

Access to to the service lift is to the immediate right of the Pear Mill Cycle shop on the back side of the building.

Take the the lift to the 6th floor and please remember to close the lift doors after yourself.

Doors will be open at 12 noon, kettle will be on 12.01. Mat, Richard and I will be tuning the doughnuts up by 12.15.

Safe journey everyone, see you all on the 20th

IGP2079a-20.11.2012-cropped.jpg

You forgot the part where the lift button doesn’t work and you lose your shit with the lift slamming the metal grating as if force will trigger the sensor better, before eventually going up 6 flights of stairs with two guitars only to see the next person who got in the lift had a magic touch and strolls out at the top right in front of you.

See you Saturday lads - can’t wait!

ourmaninthenorth

You forgot the part where the lift button doesn’t work and you lose your shit with the lift slamming the metal grating as if force will trigger the sensor better, before eventually going up 6 flights of stairs with two guitars only to see the next person who got in the lift had a magic touch and strolls out at the top right in front of you.

See you Saturday lads - can’t wait!

That's the initiation ceremony Alex...you don't get in unless you're out of breath...:laugh2::laugh2:

ourmaninthenorth

What in the hell do you lads consume over there?! :wow

Haute cuisine Tom. Most of it tastes like shit...but it's filling...:laugh2:

My very favourite English food is a Chicken Jalfrezi with pilau rice and a naan bread....